Looking for an eyeliner that actually stays put

helium

Nov 16, 2007
I really, really need an absolute, no smudge black pencil eyeliner for work. I work in humid conditions.

I've tried only a few, like Rimmel which is by far the worst i've used. It glides on great, but it smudges an hour into my shift. I've also tried a Maybelline one that wasn't so forgiving either.

Hopefully on the cheap side too, i'm a poor uni student saving up for a Botkier Sasha.

Thanks a lot.

I absolutely need to use Urban Decay Potion Primer to keep any and all eye make-up from smudging and disappearing. It really does work miracles for me. I like to use a brown shade eye shaddow as my liner. When I use the primer both eye liner and shaddows don't move one bit and I think the color shows better. I highly recommend it!! I think it is $14 for a tube and you only need a little bit so it lasts awhile.

Hope you find something that will work for you!!

I use Urban Decay primer potion on my lids and then I apply MAC Technakohl liner in black. I really like the technakohl because it doesn't smudge or come off and it goes on really smooth. If I don't take it off with makeup remover it stays on for days.

If you really want an eyeliner that doesn't smudge or melt off in humid weather, I highly suggest going with a liquid liner. I use waterproof eyeliner by Make Up For Ever, or the Very Long-Lasting Pinceau by Bourjois (both found at Sephora). They work great! No ugly smudges, even when the rest of my face is melting off. The other eyeliner I used for a couple of years that's not waterproof, but is pretty smudge-proof/run-proof is Chanel's Automatic Liquid Eyeliner.

Do liquid liners look very dramatic? I'm thinking Audrey Hepburn eyes here, and I don't think I could show up to work looking like that. I work in a coffee shop as a simple barista :smile:.

I'm guessing the Primer keeps everything on? In that case, I might get more value for money with that one.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.