Need help decoding some of this article about Belen Echandia

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
Here is the snippet of the article: I have highlighted the parts that I dont understand.

Belen Echandia's gorgeous handbags have been going down a storm, so much so
that they are now taking bespoke colour orders for most styles. This particular
item is both stylish and practical, with compartments for your mobile,
even for a wet umbrella, as well as a super-comfortable shoulder strap. It even has
a detachable logo, but if you own one of these babies, why wouldn't you want
people to know? It's yours ...

I get the main idea(s) of the article but I wanted to know what those two highlighted parts meant, if anyone could tell me.

Also, I had another question..does anyone know how much the BE Love Me bags cost at the recent sample sale?

TIA:heart:

Hi Gung,

Where did you get this article from? Can you post a link of it because I really don't understand it at all. Maybe I'm not following it.

I have the BE Love Me in dark grey and it is one of the most gorgeous bags I've ever owned. I believe there were a couple from the sample sale for about $500 and one red one in the $250-$300 range? Can't say I remember for sure....

Is this for an eBay listing by chance or was it from a particular website?

Gung! Baby!!!

When I read this article, it strikes me as someone who has written a very poor "translated" copy of an original article.

And Gung! It's about time you got around to the BE lounge!!!!! :lol:

I Googled the word "bespoke" and it turns out to be British English according to the wiki.

DEFINITION:
Bespoke is usually a British English term for tailored clothing made at a customer's behest, and exactly to the customer's specification. Bespoke clothing is created without use of a pre-existing pattern, differentiating it from made to measure, which alters a standard-sized pattern to fit the customer.

I would take that to mean that BE is taking custom orders for the bag.

I Google "going down a storm" as well. That phrase seems to mean something was a smashing hit, a big success.

Here are the references: (2nd being more informative)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/going+down+a+storm

http://expling.blogspot.com/2004/09/going-down-storm.html