Marc Jacobs Handbags

anatome

Dec 22, 2007
Hello, I bought a Marc Jacobs, and I was reading on this forum. And I found that the originals Marc Jacobs has the zipperhead round. And my puse has pointed. But is a Calf leather. And has RIRI M8 :heart: Somebody can help me with this. Thank you so much!!!

Just because your bag is calf leather and the zippers are marked riri doesn't mean it's authentic - you should probably post this in the Marc Jacobs Authentication thread - do you have pics?

it does have a slight point & is not as rounded as it should be - here is the zipperhead of an authentic Blake (Lft) compared to the zipperhead on the bag you won (Rt)

zipper-auth.jpg
0374_1.jpg

The shape of the bag also looks off and they just sold a white one that looks very suspicious - I dont think I'd take a chance - have you already paid?

I just looked at it again - - the padlocks, hardware and zipper pulls are all silver, but the zipperhead, nameplate & inside zipper are all brushed gold - I've NEVER seen that before
0616_1.JPG

Definitely avoid this bag at all costs.

I am sorry, but your bag is not real. The zipperhead is NEVER pointed like that; it is always rounded if it is the Riri zipper. MJ also uses Lampo zippers on some of their bags, but not the Blake. The Blake always has the RIRI zippers. Also, the hardware on the Blake is always shiny; never brushed. Until a couple of years ago, the hardware on the Blake was always shiny silver nickel, and now the new ones are shiny gold. And, of course, the hardware is never mixed on any one bag (ie: silver AND brushed gold on the same bag).
Sorry about your bag.
Where did you purchase it? If it was eBay, you should file a SNAD and get your money back.
Good luck....