All about DownTown

I learned something ...
thanks to member :Gingerale

the difference between Buffalo and Cervo....
the cervo is the one without the front pocket and it is much softer and floppier than buffalo. Texture is somewhat smoother & it's slightly pebbly too.

attached some pics to show the diffrence ...

Attachments

• cervo.jpg
    cervo.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Buffalo .jpg
    Buffalo .jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 149
other Q?? from
DownTown - which one ? thread

I think the downtown bag is soo perfect for a everyday bag ...

I want to get my first DownTown ,,,

SO DownTown Experts what do u advice ..
which size ( meduim downtown or the large ) ?
what's the most popular size \ color ?
what's the classic colors ( timeless ) ?
Type of leather ? ( shiny , croc , normal ,... )

I learned something ...
thanks to member :Gingerale

the difference between Buffalo and Cervo....
the cervo is the one without the front pocket and it is much softer and floppier than buffalo. Texture is somewhat smoother & it's slightly pebbly too.

attached some pics to show the diffrence ...
Thank you so much for answering my question.:tup:

Well I have been wanting the purple one since I've seen it on instyle magazine but I still have a feeling it'll be huge...even th medium size, but the purple colour is TDF!

Well, I have a medium silver too and I really like it! I haven't actually carried it that often - I still need to get used to the size and shape of it.

Another reason I won't carry a bag is rainy weather. I have a tendency to keep my bags at home when it rains, but one day I saw a woman carry the silver downtown on Fifth Avenue in the pouring rain! She had an umbrella but it didn't offer enough coverage and the water was dripping off the bag! Does this do any damage to the silver downtown?

I saw the Violet Downtown in Patent today IRL and it was not the rich, dark eggplanty shade I've seen on tpf - I'm so dissappointed :sad:. I found myself gravitating towards the navy :drool:. So my question is: are there TWO different shades of Voilet? One darker and one lighter?

downtowns Live from NM

Attachments

• GetAttachment32.jpg
    GetAttachment32.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 126
  • GetAttachment21.jpg
    GetAttachment21.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 118
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 136
  • GetAttachment1111.jpg
    GetAttachment1111.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 126
  • GetAttachment44.jpg
    GetAttachment44.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 116
Well, I have a medium silver too and I really like it! I haven't actually carried it that often - I still need to get used to the size and shape of it.

Another reason I won't carry a bag is rainy weather. I have a tendency to keep my bags at home when it rains, but one day I saw a woman carry the silver downtown on Fifth Avenue in the pouring rain! She had an umbrella but it didn't offer enough coverage and the water was dripping off the bag! Does this do any damage to the silver downtown?

I have the silver downtown and I've noticed that the silver finish is delicate. The corners are showing wear and tear and there are small chips on the handle. I'm not particularly hard on my bag but I did use my silver downtown almost daily for a couple of months. I don't think I would be brave enough to take out in the rain. :confused1:

all i know about the downtown (not much):

3 sizes: mini (hand-held), medium aand large. i prefer the medium because the proportions are most appealing -- i don't like the tallness of the large

2 styles: pocket and no pocket (i believe that the patent versions have pockets on both sides)

2 types of leather: deerskin and buffalo (i believe the deerskin is used only for the no pockets model)

btw, has anyone bought/seen the neiman marcus exclusive version? i am very tempted but am generally afraid of haircalf (i hear it develops bald spots)

I have the silver downtown and I've noticed that the silver finish is delicate. The corners are showing wear and tear and there are small chips on the handle. I'm not particularly hard on my bag but I did use my silver downtown almost daily for a couple of months. I don't think I would be brave enough to take out in the rain. :confused1:

any metallic color is a finish that is painted on to the leather rather than dyed in so i would actually think it would act like a shield against the rain. with that said, these finishes are delicate and can wear off with use (but i don't water alone would do it).