Does anone have any mikimoto pearl jewelry?

My DH got me this Pearls in Motion with 3 Tahitians and 5 Akoya pearls lariat necklace 3 years ago: http://shop.baileybanksandbiddle.co...846086&parentPage=search&searchId=21191378273

Wow, have the prices gone up!! It's now $2650. He paid 1995 back then.

So, sjunky I don't think your necklace with just one Tahitian pearl is worth $1350. Also, with just one Tahitian pearl there arent' many looks you can create with the necklace.

While I agree that you don't want to buy a pearl necklace from any old jo at the mall I do think that with the proper research and references you can find an independent designer or seller who can provide you with equally lovely jewelry at a fraction of the cost.

They are georgous, i know they are over-prices but they are MM and they have the best pearls in the world as far as i know...So i think you should get them and enjoy them for many many years...Pearls are beautiful, day or night, casual and dressy...

sjunky, I think the earrings and the necklace you are considering are beautiful, especially b/c they are set with diamonds My Mikimoto black pearl ring and my Mikimoto black pearl pendant both have diamonds in the setting and that makes them extra special, IMO.

I have been told that Mikimoto uses high quality diamonds (sorry, don't know the grading specifics) in all of their pieces, so there's a bit more to their pricing than just the cost of the pearl.

Mikimoto pearls are pricier than some, but honestly, I don't think they're over-priced by any means. You're paying for intangible things such as quality assurance and excellent craftsmanship as well as high quality pearls. and diamonds.

My DH and I looked at a gorgeous strand of Mikimoto black pearls on Saturday. They were about $9,000 (waaaaaaay out of our price range, but beautiful and worth it). Anyway, I could just "feel" the difference when I held the strand as opposed to the non-label pearls.

I love my Mikimoto pearl studs! They're still beautiful after I've broken some pearl rules (i.e. I wore them in a chlorinated swimming pool). You can't go wrong with Mikimoto.

My DH got me this Pearls in Motion with 3 Tahitians and 5 Akoya pearls lariat necklace 3 years ago: http://shop.baileybanksandbiddle.co...846086&parentPage=search&searchId=21191378273

Wow, have the prices gone up!! It's now $2650. He paid 1995 back then.

So, sjunky I don't think your necklace with just one Tahitian pearl is worth $1350. Also, with just one Tahitian pearl there arent' many looks you can create with the necklace.
Gorgeous!!!!! Oh my. I need that, ahhhhhhhhhhhh . Do you have any pics of you wearing the necklace? I wold love to see how many looks you can get. I love the earings I showed too.