Karo Owners: please tell me if this is normal or not...

Yorelica

O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
I just got a Karo PM and upon close examination I notice the edge of the flaps are all somewhat cracked... I realized this might happen because the flap is relatively thick (but then I look on my wallets & other small chevre accessories and they don't seem to have that problem). Please take a look at the photos (photo 2 with red arrows trying to indicate where the cracks are (they are even & throughout entire length of flap). Sorry if the photos are not very clear!

Please let me know if this is normal or not (before I run into the store asking about it)! thanks so much!:heart:

karo2.jpgkaro3.jpg

Take it back if you are not happy, but I think a karo is going to get "used" a little faster anyway because it will be in your bag bumping around with everything else.

Thanks so much for your response girls!!!!

Actually this is the last one my store has (and a GM in purple) but its not what I wanted...
Which is why I was hoping this might be normal with all the Karos (but if its not I def. should exchange it)!!!
Oh its a little disappointing....

It looks like the grain is coming out. Take it back and see if they could add more resin to the edges. Keep in mind, once the Karo is used, the flexibility in the leather may cause the edges to crack again. I've had this happen with my softer leather items.

annie: thank-you!

HG: woohoo the H bible is here! It's not been used at all yet, I just got it from the store on the weekend...so I guess I should bring it back? And if I want to fix it up its going to take months! sniff sniff...