Diamond studs or expensive watch?

Nov 24, 2005
I don't know which one to choose...guys please help! :s

It's either I get myself a pair of round solitaire diamond studs or a Girard Perregaux watch. I've been wanting both for a long time already but can only afford one. I need your opinions why I should choose one over the other. Thanks! :flowers:

I'd go for the expensive watch, especially if you don't plan to wear the studs on a daily basis. Do you have an existing watch that you can tolerate for a little bit longer? Then you can consider the studs, but otherwise I'd get the watch and maybe fake studs if you really need something for your ears as well.

I vote for studs. They are classic and I wear studs every day. They can be casual, dressy, whatever! I think they are essential for a jewelry wardrobe and IMO, I think rank before watches in terms of what should is essential.

do you have either now?
Do you have a nice pair of studs or a decent watch now?
I'd probably go for the watch first and buy some nice faux diamond earrings until later.

do you have either now?
Do you have a nice pair of studs or a decent watch now?
I'd probably go for the watch first and buy some nice faux diamond earrings until later.

Me, too.

I don't have a pair of diamond studs (I did, but lost one of the earrings, oops)... I still haven't replaced the diamond stud(s) but I did end up with a nice watch and am happy with that decision.

I'd go for the Diamond studs.. with "screw backings" or a "stronger clasp" in the back to keep them secured on your ear. I wear my diamond studs everyday and they go with everything. :yes: As for a watch... for personal preference.. I tend to scratch up my watches.. and it would tear me apart if I scratched up a nice expensive watch. :s

I have lots of watches but I never use them because my cell phone has a clock anyways, so I would go for the studs since I would wear them more.

Well,you would look at a watch more,I'm with Swanky on this one,go for the nice watch and get faux earrings for now.I'm wearing a cz solitaire pendant at the mo,to check out if I want the real thing at a later date,I'm still not sure,so its saved me cash while I decide,try that for a bit and see if long term you would get a lot of wear out of studs. Saying that though,I wear a Rolex every day,I'd rather give up my diamond studs than my watch.