Anyone else doing the Powerseller challenge?

CynthiaNYC

Mar 2, 2007
If so, how's it going? When I first saw the number they expected me to hit in a 6-week period I was like :wtf:, but amazingly, I did hit it this week (two weeks early :wlae:)--everything from here on out is just gravy. I'm really looking forward to getting a credit toward fees, too, because eBay fees are out of control nowadays.

Anyway, if you're doing the PS challenge too, how 'bout we discuss it here, encourage each other, etc.?

Not me...I have had my powerseller status come and go about 3 times this past year, not because I did anything wrong, I just could not keep up the sales. I have sorta lost interest in ebay lately, too many horror stories!

Ah...I can understand the disillusionment (though the eBay community forums are MUCH scarier than here!)...as far as PS status, I have lost mine many times in the past--some years I only "work" two months out of the whole year! It's a good job if you can get it ;)

Hm, that's odd..maybe you just ignored one of their emails? :s
Here's a link to the FAQ--I am sure you can still participate. http://ebay.promotionexpert.com/powerseller2007/faq.html#1

Here is the basic info:
CHALLENGE: If you sell above your individual sales target as further described below, you will receive a credit which will be equal to one percent (1%) of the difference between your individual sales target and the total final sales value of all Eligible Sales made by you during the Challenge Period. If you also meet the following criteria--your Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) scores are equal to or greater than 4.5 in all four DSR scores, and if the average of all four DSR scores is equal to or greater than 4.8--you will receive a credit which will be equal to one and a half percent (1.5%), rather than the aforementioned one percent (1%), of the difference between your individual sales target and the total final sales value of all Eligible Sales made by you during the Challenge Period. DSR scores will be checked at the end of the Challenge Period (December 26, 2007). Shipping fees and taxes will not be considered when determining total sales value. The maximum reward that you can receive is $1,500 USD/$1,470.42 CDN. An “Eligible Sale(s)” shall mean the actual sale of any item on www.eBay.com, www.express.ebay.com, www.motors.ebay.com, www.half.com, or www.ebay.ca, excluding Ad Format listings, Live Auctions listings, automobile and vehicle listings, real estate listings, and business & industrial capital equipment. Get complete details and Challenge Terms & Conditions. The sponsor of this Challenge/Sweepstakes is eBay Inc.

LOL, I'm used to legal verbiage.

Basically, they give you a $$ goal. If you exceed it, they will give you 1% of the difference between the goal and your actual sales as a credit toward your eBay fees (when they get around to it, which is in February). If you exceed it AND your "star rating" is high enough, you get 1.5% back.
There's also a sweepstakes, but yeah, whatever.
This could be a big deal, if you seriously kick butt this month. :tup:

I'm currently a Powerseller, but I didn't even hear about this challenge! I guess I need to pay closer attention ....

I didn't either - I signed up today thinking (stupid me) my sales since the November start date would be included...WRONG. Heaven forbid Ebay have this be retroactive to include sales during the challenge time frame. :Push:
Waste of time now...:sad:

Hoping you are right about the 24hr deal... That would make things interesting!:graucho:
It's not your fault... I am really dumbfounded at times with the Ebay system... Sometimes I get information and sometimes I don't... :shrugs:

Of course I ALWAYS get my bill :noggin:

Thanks for the info!

I actually doubt I'll be participating, because if I list stuff this weekend the auctions will end when I'm out of town, and I wouldn't be able to ship until January. I can probably assume that would aggravate my buyers.