Facials?

claireZk

Jun 18, 2007
Is there anything I need to know before scheduling a facial? Is there such a thing as a bad facial? Like can they cause damage if not done properly?

The reason I ask is that there is a new spa that opened nearby. They're having all kinds of crazy specials to attract new clients so I'm thinking about checking it out. They have facials for only $50 right now and the monday special is a mani/pedi/facial for $75. That seems really cheap to me!... The spa where I sometimes get my nails done charges $90+ for facials. So should I be worried about a "cheap" facial? Is it one of those "you get what you pay for" things? Is there anything I could ask before scheduling an appt to get a better idea? :shrugs:

I don't know anything about facials... Please educate me! TIA! :heart:

As Sunshine hinted products are def. important. You'll also want to know what type of experience the techincians have. I've had facials from different spas and technicians and have had different experiences. The first one I ever had totally killed me. The technician's method of extraction really hurt and made me cry. On the flip side I had one this past weekend and the extractions weren't so bad. When I talked to the technician afterwards about it she laughed and said that it was because she had been doing it for so long. She really did a good job and now I am determined to go back to her at least every two months.

Good luck!

They use Bioelements products and customize the facial to suit your needs and skin type...

When I went in to look around it looked REALLY nice. I'm just suspicious of the low prices. For instance, a women's haircut and style is only $25, but all of the comparable places charge $60+ :s...

They use Bioelements products and customize the facial to suit your needs and skin type...

When I went in to look around it looked REALLY nice. I'm just suspicious of the low prices. For instance, a women's haircut and style is only $25, but all of the comparable places charge $60+ :s...

They are probably just trying to encourage new clients with the cheap prices. if they are using decent products I'd say give them a go. I've had facials at various different salons and never had a bad experience. The best one I've had was with a local salon using dermatologica.

Thanks for your help ladies! :flowers:

Dermatalogica was what my sister said to look for, but I think I am going to try this place anyway...

Now the question is do I wait until after the holidays to do this? I have 5 weddings and parties in the next 3 weeks, so it would be great to have nice glowing skin. But if it makes me break out or I have a reaction to the products that would suck :hrmm:....

Has anyone ever had an adverse reaction from a facial? That's what I'm most worried about I guess...

Erm... one of my gfs had a facial and her face was red and kind of swollen (guess from the extraction?) after that. It was visible even though she put on make-up. I can see red patches here and there on her face. I think you have to let your skin rest a bit after the facial especially if extraction is involved. To play safe, maybe you can wait till all your parties are over since you don't know how your skin will react. :yes:

Depends on the products they use and if you have certain skin needs (oily, dry, sensitive, breakout prone, etc), definitely let them know. I've had facials where my skin just reacted badly to the products and ended up breaking out afterward, but that's pretty much the worst reaction I've ever had.

Sometimes my face can look red or puffy right after a facial, I assume from extractions or exfoliation. It usually turns into a dewy glow in a couple of hours!

Well facials aren't relaxing...at least I don't think the good facials are. Of all the facials I've had when extractions are done right, it is painful, but my skin is amazing afterwards. Have them test your skin to make sure you aren't allergic to their products. I get one every quarter with the weather change and it helps tremendously. ENJOY!!

^ Thanks! :smile:

I've only done at home ones with steaming/scrub. I'm a little nervous about the extraction, but I think it will be so worth it to have all that junk out of my pores!!!