Do you feel pressured to buy items when attending an LV party??

My friend asked me if I would like to go with her to a private holiday shopping event at LV. She is a regular customer, and I have never been to one of these parties. My question is, Do they expect you to make a small purchase? Although I love LV, it's hard to buy a pricey thing for myself because in all honesty, one LV accessory could buy a few (alot) items off my Christmans shopping list!! I just don't want to look like a fool or embarass my friend. Do they give out little holiday gifts during the private shopping events, or not? Thanks for the help.

Definately go to see what its like. Think it would be fun. Not sure if I will ever go to one so let those less fortunate tpfer's know what its like! Have fun, get dressed up, and soak up all the greatness!

nope, its ok not to buy and it's quite fun! i guess it depends on the store if they give out gifts, i saw someone post a scented candle giveaway, and i received a xmas card with my picture inside.. just go and enjoy!!!

No pressure to buy at all, they just want to entertain you and show you a good time; honestly! I was at my party last week and there were loads of people there just browsing and the SAs were all totally cool with that. Go, it is a fun opportunity and you will not feel pressured to buy, you will just have a wonderful time!

I don't feel any pressure at all! The SAs are all too busy to exert any pressure because there's always someone buying something. I have only bought something at two events I've been to, the other times I just enjoy having a good catchup with SAs, and enjoy being surrounded by other LV lovers (and checking out LE bags I have never seen irl! :P). You should go and have a good time!

:drinkup:
I usually drink too much champagne at these events...
then the bags somehow seem more affordable....:P

Umm, yes! I got invites to 2 different boutiques...have a feeling my bag fund will take a big hit next week.

Anyways, no, I don't feel pressured to buy. I do have more fun buying then, because of the atmosphere, so I save some of my purchasing for the parties. Just go & have fun! Have lots appetizers & drinks & definitely soak in as much eyecandy as you can!