Anthropologie bags

Sep 13, 2007
What do you guys think of the quality of bags from Anthropologie? One of their stores opened near my house. They were sold out of most of their bags, but I was looking at the ones on their web site. They have some cute bags--some rather blatant knock-offs of some high-end bags. But they seem pricey. Still, a couple of their ethnic-looking canvas bags tempt me. What do you folks think?

I know at least some of them are from actual designers like Hayden Harnett; however, on their site they usually give the bags a different name and do not say HH for example. In that regard, I think a lot of their bags are of a good quality. HTH

I don't think they make any of the bags under their own label. They're all other designers, only sometimes they don't specify which on their website and change the model name of the bags. I know they've carried Hayden-Harnett, Cynthia Rowley, Ananas, Orla Kiely, for example.

In some ways I find it frustrating that they change the names of almost all their bags, but I give them lots of credit for being the first to find some funky/cool designs. I have forever been looking for additional styles from
Synneve & Giulia which they carried last year...I, too, think their quality is good.

In some ways I find it frustrating that they change the names of almost all their bags,

yeah that REALLY annoys me because I like a lot of the embroidered and embellished bags but they all seem so huge and I'd love to check out some of these designers and see if they make similiar designs in smaller sizes. why can't they just give them the cred?

I recently ordered a scarf from anthropologie that said "imported" on the website. when I got the scarf it had a tag on it that said "wooden ships." low and behold they sold them on their own website and they were NOT IMPORTED!!! :cursing:

I'd been thinking that they were renaming items to prevent price comparisons. Some Velvet brand clothing are more expensive and I can't easily comparison shop through Google!

Yeah, I think I'm being too suspicious...

Well this is all very interesting information. Thanks for filling me in guys! They're selling a bag that looks nearly identical to a Cole Haan bag I just bought, all the way to the clay color, so I bet it's actually a CH bag renamed.

>>>yeah that REALLY annoys me because I like a lot of the embroidered and embellished bags but they all seem so huge and I'd love to check out some of these designers and see if they make similiar designs in smaller sizes. why can't they just give them the cred?

My feelings exactly. There are a couple embroidered bags I just love but they are HUGE. Even by my standards. Big as airline carry-on bags. I'd love to find smaller versions.