Singapore tPFers - Is it worth making a trip to Balenciaga in the next week or so?

checked with a friend. i think i know why now... i asked for insurance on the item and that's why the seller had to declare the full value! SIGH.

i know it's for a good reason but still! 7% on the bag is quite a bit. ARGH.

checked with a friend. i think i know why now... i asked for insurance on the item and that's why the seller had to declare the full value! SIGH.

i know it's for a good reason but still! 7% on the bag is quite a bit. ARGH.

Just to let you know that even if the seller under-declares the value, sometimes they will just pull out items at random, and ask you to produce proof of purchase value (PayPal receipts, bank wire transfer details, etc.) to show the amount you actually paid, and then tax you from there. It has happened to me several times, whether or not the item was insured (mostly not), and whether or not the seller declared the actual purchase price (again mostly not). It is just the luck of the draw. Imagine when my Birkin got pulled... 7% on Balenciaga is nothing in comparison...

But the DH always says, if you can afford to buy the bag, you can afford to pay the taxes! :Push:

Thanks gals!

congrats! irrational buy? :graucho:

VERY! Was not even considering it before yesterday! I blame all the enablers on this forum :devil::P

I am after some pods now. I'm still bummed that I missed out on RealDeal's metallic pods - I emailed her and said I want to buy the metallic pink and silver (pewter was already sold) and by the time she got back to me, I was in bed, and when I replied to her email, she told me she's sold it because she didn't hear back from me. :sad:

I bought a rogue escape pod on *bay too, and am hoping to get a dyed fuchsia one.

(sorry if this is in the wrong thread!)

Hi fellow tPFers in singapore:

Does anyone know what sort of stock is available in the SG Balenciaga store? I'll be in SG for a couple of daysnext week, and is wondering if it's worth making a trip to the store?

How much is the City with GSH retailing for in Singapore at the moment? I'm contemplating getting a 07 black city with GSH, but would prefer picking it out myself if possible, because of the differing opinions on how jet black the color is.

I tend to buy my bags from CultStatus in Perth, so tend to pay higher than US prices anyway :Push: . Should I just take the plunge and order one from BalNY?

There is a store in Norway that sells B Bags cheaper. I got mine from them. You can check it out from the thread on the list of authentic retailers. Store owner is flexible:smile:

:tup:

Congrats JadeLeaves on your pewter Day!!! :woohoo:
Remember to post pics when you get her.
Btw you still in SG?
Thanks for dropping by the other day, it was quite surreal and fun to meet fellow tpfers irl. And i get to fondle your gorgeous Mogano City too! :tup:

Thanks shopboy!

I'm back in Melbourne, but will be in sg towards end of Jan. I forgot to ask you - is your violet WE chevre or agneau? I'm using my grey WE at the moment, and the leather is nowhere like yours, so luscious and thick! Very jealous!

I'm so hanging to get my GSH black city - hopefully it will get here today! I don't think I will get the pewter day till end of next week at the earliest.

stefeilnately, which shop is that?

OOH! Didn't know there were a few of us Sgers here in the Bbag forum!

We should plan a get together with our BBags at some stage!

I'm not too fond of the Balenciaga Hilton store..their always sold out of bags before they even arrive and waitlists for popular colours are always miles long!!!

yes, let's! i'd love to see you lilac city!!

i actually like them. alvin is really nice! if you leave your name on a WL, there's no pressure to buy. however, i never really buy from them cause the mark up is so high...

Thanks shopboy!

I'm back in Melbourne, but will be in sg towards end of Jan. I forgot to ask you - is your violet WE chevre or agneau? I'm using my grey WE at the moment, and the leather is nowhere like yours, so luscious and thick! Very jealous!

I'm so hanging to get my GSH black city - hopefully it will get here today! I don't think I will get the pewter day till end of next week at the earliest.

stefeilnately, which shop is that?

Mine is chevre. Would so love to get a grey WE!!! All the colors i love are past season and from 05, so i'll have to stalked ebay daily just in case they pop up.
And i'm sure your pewter and GSH Black should have thick and luscious leather! :yes: