Do you ever share tPF with total strangers?

susieserb

Susie
O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
I've probably shared three times now, my third opportunity happened today.

I was out in 'the field' doing my dog and pony show. I have a midwest rural territory so seeing quality handbags much less designer handbags is pretty much a mirage.

I was 'detailing' two Nurse Practitioners about my products when I see a LV satchel (really a beautiful bag) sitting on one of their desks. I stopped and just pointed, all wide eyed and gapping. You have to understand, this type of thing just never happens; I feel like an alien walking among the natives. Anyway one NP said that the purse belonged to the other NP, she just stood there beaming proudly and rightfully so.

I immediately asked her if she belonged to tPF (honestly a knee jerk reaction). No she said??? What's that?? Naturally I shared. Mean while the other NP holds up her brown blobby concoction and says I paid nine dollars for this at Walmart (cringe)...

I pointed to LV girl and then myself and told this lady that this was unacceptable to us. I explained that we weren't snobs per say just sick passionate people about our purses and that she probably can't understand our mentality. LV girl was shaking her head :yes: yes the whole time.

Anyway I hope LV Nurse Practitioner joins this board, she will love it!

Susie, I am a rep out in the field in SW Ohio and all I ever seem to see are Coaches and fake LV's. There are some exception and when I do see something nice I always talk with them if appropriate.

And yes, I share The Purse Forum whenever possible. We bag girls need to stick together.

If I talked about it to my family, they would think I am nuts. One of my friends is a lurker here though (come out already!!) and another friend is slowly building an HH collection :graucho: HH is the entryway drug. :roflmfao:

Susie, I am a rep out in the field in SW Ohio and all I ever seem to see are Coaches and fake LV's. There are some exception and when I do see something nice I always talk with them if appropriate.

And yes, I share The Purse Forum whenever possible. We bag girls need to stick together.

Go figure this was a real LV (the NP made a point to tell me that she bought it from a certified boutique)! I don't even see real Coaches LSR. Here's the flip side, at least I do not have to explain my expensive bags. People are clueless so they don't even ask.

Ohio is such a pretty state. Are you rural as well?

No, I dont. I dont even share it with my friends! Whenever they ask how I found out about this or that deal, I just say "I read it on a forum" and they already give me that, "Get a life!" or "You must be bored outta your mind!"

No, I dont. I dont even share it with my friends! Whenever they ask how I found out about this or that deal, I just say "I read it on a forum" and they already give me that, "Get a life!" or "You must be bored outta your mind!"

Thus tPF gods find your friends unworthy to grace the hallo pages of this forum:P

I really don't, not even with my sister. They wouldn't understand.

I have made several friends since joining and love to share things with them.

I think it makes it more special if you don't tell everyone you know. Almost like a secret society.

As I typed that last sentence, I just though, you're almost 50 "secret society". LOL