High School Musical's Ashley Tisdale Gets Nose Job

Feb 17, 2007
ashley_tisdale240.jpg
High School Musical star Ashley Tisdale had a rhinoplasty procedure on Friday in Los Angeles, the actress confirms to PEOPLE exclusively.

"Growing up I always knew I had a deviated septum on the right side of my nose, which caused trouble breathing," a bandaged Tisdale told PEOPLE on Monday from her Los Angeles home. "The older I got, the worse it got. I went to get it checked out, and the doctor told me the septum was 80 percent deviated and that I had two small fractures on my nose."

The recuperating 22-year-old adds: "I'm not feeling great today. It's uncomfortable and I hope this is the only time I ever have to go through something like this."

Tisdale's mother, Lisa, was by her side during the five-hour procedure. Still, Tisdale says, every step of the way "I was completely scared. I wasn't looking forward to the surgery at all. I actually had trouble sleeping for a week before."

'My Fans Are Everything to Me'

A role model for young girls, Tisdale says she's not an advocate for plastic surgery and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

"I didn't do this because I believe in plastic surgery. I did this to help my health. I literally almost could not breathe out of the right side of my nose," says Tisdale, who's openly discussing the procedure because "I want my fans to know the truth. I'm not someone who is going to act like I had nothing done. I just want to be honest because my fans are everything to me."

Tisdale is expected to fully recover by the time High School Musical 3 begins filming early next year.

When I saw the title I was thinking she was just another celebrity wanting to look even more fake..but I'm glad she's making a point to say it is solely for health purposes and she is against plastic surgery. Good for her :tup:

LMAO!!! EVERYone in Hollywood that gets a nose job does it for that reason!:lol:
Next she'll fix her overbite, but not for vanity, but because she can't eat properly. . .
whatever.
I think she's adorable, but I think these girls need to get real about this stuff.

I thought I'd be a little embarrased about my 'procedures'.
I could actually tell people I had the tummy repair to prevent hernia and other issues, it would be truthful. . .
the honest truth is, I had twins, needed a tummy tuck and for health reasons DID get muscle repair, but for vanity reasons, got a tummy tuck and my tatas done too!

^ I agree! Everyone in Hollywood suddenly has deviated septums. I believe Karina Smirnoff from Dancing with the Stars (dating Mario Lopez) just had a nose job for both health and cosmetic reasons. I'm interested to see if Ashley Tisdale's nose is still aesthetically the same afterwards.

there should be no shame. . . I mean this girl is an excellent role model, so far. If she's unhappy w/ that, big whoop, but the old 'deviated septum' is so used.

Everyone uses that excuse in Hollywood. I'll bet her nose looks a lot different. A septum can be fixed without correcting the nose but they all get the nose fixed too.

If she was just going to fix just the septum, wouldn't she announce that she had a septoplasty instead of rhinoplasty? Five hours under the operating table means new nose, which makes me kind of sad, because I actually liked her nose! It gave her a really distinctive appearance. Now she's going to have a perfectly sculpted, bump-free snozz just like everyone else in Hollywood.

But, like many others have expressed, I wish she was just honest about it. I think that if you're somehow ashamed or embarrassed about the real reason why you're getting a procedure done or try to justify it somehow as a necessity, you should probably think twice about going under the knife. It's cosmetic for a reason, and we all have the right to indulge our vanity, but we should be real and honest with ourselves about it.

I am really ready for plastic to be popular and flaunted like a new purse. I could just hear it now "Just got botox and I love how my forehead feels frozen" or "I love my new sculpted nose, it finally looks like Barbie" nose." C'mon just be real and quit pretending your "natural". They definitely aren't fooling us.

Swanky, love how you came right out with it, no shame, I plan on getting a tummy tuck when all my babes are out. I only have one and my body looks great again, except for this little flabby part on my belly, just can't get rid of it, urgh, luckily my tummy looks flat in clothes, even tight tank but the bikini...

Hah, don't know if I buy that story about the deviated septum either. I guess at least she was honest about it instead of trying to deny it. *shrug* I honestly found nothing wrong with her nose pre-surgery.

Whatever dude. I like her new nose better.

My personal opinions aside, I do think that she is being responsible (be it she wants to be or it is an excuse does not matter). Since she is admired by little girls (and boys) everywhere, it is important that if she does get such a procedure done, she needs to emphasize that it is for health reasons. If she were honest about it (assuming that she is lying), it would send a wrong message out to children that if you don't like the way you look, get it surgically altered so you can be even more adored and accepted by society.