Am I the only one sick of...

I recently had someone say this about my LV Zippy Purse Wallet... the older style with only 2 slots.

I posted tons of pics, gave my TPF name details, details....

"I'm a little confused....an authentic zippy LV zippy wallet has 8 slots. You mentioned only 2. What gives?"

It's like IF you knew authentic LV as much as you seem to, why would you ask this? You would know there was another type too.

IDK if just bugged me, kinda like she was accusing me of listing a fake.

But I explained to her about it and gave her references on TPF in LV. Haven't heard back.

Also I was looking at some Coach auctions and the person put "These are replicas" so I messaged her and said it was against ebays policy. And she responded with "I said they were fake, so I'm not in any trouble."

So I then copied and pasted the policy and the LAW!

She's like "oh, well how come other people don't get in trouble for them?"
I'm like because there's millions of them and not enough time in the day to take them all down!!!!

I always ask for confirmation that an item is authentic, as I want there to be no doubt, at all, in the seller's mind that I will only accept an authentic item.

After all, some sellers will lie in a listing, but find it harder to lie in answer to a direct question.

If some sellers take my double-checking as an insult, that's unfortunate, as it is certainly never meant that way. :shrugs:

I always ask for confirmation that an item is authentic, as I want there to be no doubt, at all, in the seller's mind that I will only accept an authentic item.

After all, some sellers will lie in a listing, but find it harder to lie in answer to a direct question.

If some sellers take my double-checking as an insult, that's unfortunate, as it is certainly never meant that way. :shrugs:

Agreed! Some auctions say the item is authentic, but if I have doubts I will ask if the seller guarantees authenticity. A lot of sellers will respond with "Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the authenticity of this item because we purchase these from overseas" and occassionally "We do guarantee satisfaction."

If they knew what authentic looked like, and saw that your pictures matched up, they probably wouldn't ask.

I still do, even when it's an item/brand I am very familiar with.

I can't see how it does any harm to be sure (or as sure as one can be).

I also like the fact that it provides an excuse for me to get into communication with the seller (I always double-check condition and packaging, too), before purchasing; as I can then also attempt to assess the level of the seller's professionalism and whether they are friendly, or not.

After several disappointments (mainly concerning condition and packaging), when I used to just buy things without double checking, I learnt my lesson and I now find it definitely pays to be safer, rather than sorry. :yes:

Of course, as I say, sometimes sellers lie to you in emails, too, but I think it definitely strengthens one's case in a dispute/claim, if one can say something like; 'Not only did you say that the item was in excellent condition and only used twice, in your listing, but you also confirmed this fact in your replies to my emails.' or; 'In your reply to my emails, you promised to ship the item in a box, but it arrived folded in an envelope.' etc..

It can be annoying- but with all the fakes out there it's better to be safe than sorry. Hope that made sense- I'm tired, so it might only make sense in my head!

Couldn't agree more - makes perfect sense to me. :yes:

I'm mostly a seller, and though they do get annoying after answering 20 different emails, I understand. If you're spending that much on a bag that you can't see or touch IRL, an assurance may make the buyer more comfortable. I've seen quite a few seller's lately with something similar to "questions on authenticity will not be entertained". To me, that seems rude. If I'm going to drop upwards of $500 (and more likely over $1000) on a bag that is final sale, online, I think a seller can at least be accomodating enough to send me a polite response. I would never bid on a bag, even if I knew it was authentic, if that was the seller's attitude.

ITA. :yes:

Nor would I. :nogood:

I actually welcome those questions because at least the buyer is researching and asking questions before they bid. I always answer with detail for the buyer to look for in the particular designer. I also offer to help them authentic other bags they may be considering. I have many loyal customers because I took the time to share my knowledge. I want gals out there to get the real thing and to be happy with their bags. I'd rather educate a potential buyer rather than have them end up buying from a seller of fakes.

Cheers,

Well said! :tup:

Good for you! :yes:

You're obviously a great seller, I wish there were more like you. :flowers:

If the item says 100% authentic, I won't usually ask, because my thinking is "if they lied in the auction description then they won't exactly be honest in an e-mail!"

OMG - that is so right on! Like someone that lists a fake item but describes it as authentic will answer your questions with, "Thanks for asking, actually it is fake."