guessing game - which skin is this?

Katel

O.G.
Feb 17, 2007
This Bolide is *exactly* like my vintage gold Bolide - same smooth handles, same very slight texture and sheen, same color, same contrast stitch - what skin is this? Any guesses?

The other odd thing about my Bolide is it's lined in the same leather as the outside - it's not the ultra soft skin, agneau...

I don't know enough, but this just doesn't look like gulliver/swift to me....or is it??

I have a question in to the seller, maybe her Mom will remember. Do you guys know?

TIA! :flowers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HERMES-37CM-TAN...oryZ1063QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is a good closeup of the interior, which is the same leather as the exterior:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• mysteryskin1.jpg
    mysteryskin1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 198
  • mysteryskin2.jpg
    mysteryskin2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 205
  • mysteryskin3.jpg
    mysteryskin3.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 189
  • mysteryskin5.jpg
    mysteryskin5.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 166
Wow......this is a GOOD question. At first I would have said Porc but with closer inspection I'm pretty sure it's not. It's not Barenia either.....could it be Chamonix? hmmmmmm.......where's HG.......

Wow......this is a GOOD question. At first I would have said Porc but with closer inspection I'm pretty sure it's not. It's not Barenia either.....could it be Chamonix? hmmmmmm.......where's HG.......

^^^that's what I think too, S'Mom...mine is SUPER rigid.

Thanks, S'Mom, Sus....I have a chamonix Bolide, and it's so smooth....smoother than this gold one. Hermesgroupie thought long ago it was gulliver/swift, but I have swift and have never seen any texture on swift.

Sus, have you seen swift with lots of bumps, a grain?

Does anyone have the old gulliver skin with a very slight grain?

Thank you guys! No, it's not box, I lurrvvveee box and it's def not box.

DQ, have you ever seen gulliver with a grain? Someone must be out there who has...and, did they line their gulliver Bolides with gulliver in the late 80s early 90s?

Does anyone know for sure?

Thank you guys! No, it's not box, I lurrvvveee box and it's def not box.

DQ, have you ever seen gulliver with a grain? Someone must be out there who has...and, did they line their gulliver Bolides with gulliver in the late 80s early 90s?

Does anyone know for sure?
Yes, I have seen Gulliver with a very large grain, in fact, it was one of DQ's bags.

This is a Bolide, so it can be constructed both mou and rigide, so even if it were Gulliver, it would still be stiff in the rigide construction, because they use an extra layer of leather to help it keep its shape.