I'm so sick of buyers NOT reading payment details . . .

I'm really angry at paypal right now. I live in Europe and can't ever have a confirmed address and lately I can't shop on ebay anymore. No confirmed address. I have perfect feedback, been on ebay for 4 years and I'm treated like a potential crook. I understand why but paypal is to blame for all this and it's not at all nice to be on the receiving end of this paypal practice.

Sorry for the rant. Of course I never bid on auctions that won't have me, I don't understand why people don't read. But I also refuse to sacrifice buyer protection and use other means than paypal, except when I know the seller already. So it's a catch-22 until paypal resolves this.

I live in Europe too, but I have 75 feedback and 100% positive all of it about how fast I pay. I just mail sellers and ask even if it says they will only ship to confirmed addy.

Bidpay is an online money order company.
They issue a Western Union money order in the US and then send it to you. Money orders are a pretty secure way of receiving payments.

Bidpay has been bought out, they no longer do the WU money order service. now they are more like paypal where they deposit money into your bank account. fees are less than paypal.

I'm really angry at paypal right now. I live in Europe and can't ever have a confirmed address and lately I can't shop on ebay anymore. No confirmed address. I have perfect feedback, been on ebay for 4 years and I'm treated like a potential crook. I understand why but paypal is to blame for all this and it's not at all nice to be on the receiving end of this paypal practice.

Sorry for the rant. Of course I never bid on auctions that won't have me, I don't understand why people don't read. But I also refuse to sacrifice buyer protection and use other means than paypal, except when I know the seller already. So it's a catch-22 until paypal resolves this.

The new BidPay now offers buyer protection as well.

It seems like there is a little confusion in this thread- I have my settings set to accept only confirmed addresses, but that only works for US, Canada and the UK. It does not work for other international payments. What I am having to do is change my settings to only accept US payments, and block all international payments. If I receive a purchase from the US or Canada, I temporarily unblock that setting so they can pay me in paypal. I've even had people try to slip through by paying me with a US address and then putting in the notes "please ship here . . ." I wish paypal would either change their seller protection policy or allow us to block international payments from countries other than the US, Canada & UK. I do get quite a bit of international business, so its in my best interest to continue to sell there, but only if they will pay me according to my payment terms.

Amen sister.

I too have had quite a time with buyers. Because people take thier sweet lovin time to pay (but want the item to be in there hands IMMEDIATELY)..I have now resorted to PAYPAL only with stict stipulations that the payment must be recieved immediately after the auction ends..and if that isn't possible they are to contact me with reasons why and what their intentions are. No contact...no payment...and the buyers I've had are experienced ebayers. Its frustrating...

I'm about ready to say...screw it..selling isn't worth the time/effort/stress.

The only real problem I have with BidPay is that it is sooooo heavily favored by the scammers because the buyer has NO recourse in case of a transaction gone bad. It can make a relatively new seller appear to be a potential scammer, so I would avoid it like the plague as a buyer.

BTW all you frustrated non-confirmed Europeans are welcome to buy in my store! I finally figured out that PayPal's seller protection is useless anyway (just like their buyer protection in most cases), so I don't even bother stipulating confirmed addresses anymore.