White leather bag or not?

tabby1964

O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
I really want a white leather bag for PCE. It would be my first all leather coach. I really like signature but wanted a change. I am scared to buy one with all the things I have read on this site. I didn't know that they would turn yellow or have color/denim tranfer. I am also worried about if it will scratch easily. I try to baby my bags but I also would like to use it daily. Does anyone have some good stories about their white bag. I know I could get a different color but I only want white. Thanks for any info.

Janice

I really want a white leather bag for PCE. It would be my first all leather coach. I really like signature but wanted a change. I am scared to buy one with all the things I have read on this site. I didn't know that they would turn yellow or have color/denim tranfer. I am also worried about if it will scratch easily. I try to baby my bags but I also would like to use it daily. Does anyone have some good stories about their white bag. I know I could get a different color but I only want white. Thanks for any info.

Janice

I believe the yellowing and the color transfer issues really depend on the type of bag you're buying. Which one are you thinking about?

I just bought a white leather shoulder tote from the outlets. got it at a steal for $150.
DSC00144.jpg

I haven't had any problems with it yet. And I carry it all the time. The leather on this bag is so easy to clean, I just wipe it with a damp cloth and the smudges will go away. It's a bag from last year and it hasn't turned yellow yet. And no denim transfer yet!!!

Do you know what style you're looking for? The Bleecker flap in white is so pretty!!
11418_B4WT-1_d2.jpg

They are gorgeous but it's just my personal thing that I would never buy a white bag that costs as much as Coach. For all the very issues we are afraid of-transfer stains, yellowing, and more stains....I kind of consider a white bag a 1 or 2 season at the most bag then I toss it. So...I buy a cheaper white bag that if it gets stained I won't be out a whole lot of money. Just my opinion :biggrin:

i was thinking the same thing 2 months ago. i was worried the leather would get really stained by my clothes.. yet i have to admit white coach bags are really pretty..

i agree with the buying out of season bags to test your ability to keep the white bag clean! try that and then buy or use your newer baggy...

maybe leather protectant?

I love white in winter (snow is white!) I have Legacy Ali in white (1 year old), I did get denim transfer on it and an ink spot, it has not yellowed. But I applied Apple Leather Conditioner on it before using it, and I used it to remove the denim. I live in the country and wipe it down with a damp cloth before storing, and condition it again before using it again. The bleecker looks like it has a finish on it, which is a good thing, I would recommend applying a conditioner, it may possibly help prevent absorption of stains, watch out for the ink pens! I use white Ali a lot but not as an everyday bag.

I like the look of white bags, but I'm too nervous about them getting dirty or stained. I just bought a white (non-Coach) leather bag and it will be my first white leather bag. I'm saving it for spring/summer, though. We'll see how it holds up.