Dreaming of color....

Rockerchic, how about one of these colours from SS2008? :P Chevre Mangalore.

In the following order from front to back;-

1) Cardamome
2) Bleu Paon
3) Coq de Roche (like Brique)
4) ... this one has escaped me at the moment. I can't remember what it is.

Bleu Paon looks "grown up" to me...that's a great color! Is it a new color?? Or a reissue of a previous color? (Not sure if the leathers are like scarves....)

I like Blue Jean too though...I don't think it's too "young."

What about graphite?? That might look smashing with jeans/black, etc...Although I guess it's not a "pop" of color and is more of a neutral...

if you could find raisin in chevre i think that would be the perfect color for you. hbird is selling a karo in raisin chevre on ebay i believe- check it out. i agree that it's rather dull in togo as far as i've seen. i think in box or swift it looks brighter and more purple (rather than being a blacker purple)

otherwise i agree with icechick that white would be a fab choice for you. bright and would go beautifully with the dark and neutrals you wear.

i'm not feeling green for you even the olive. you have an olive complexion and i'm not sure it would be great on you.

What about Katel's new marine blue box Birkin with contrast stitching and PHW?

I can really see you with this colour:

attachment.php

(photo courtesy Katel)

Rockerchic,
On the flight back to NY today, I was reading the book "Style A to Zoe" by Rachel Zoe, a birthday gift from my older sister. In her section on bags, she quotes an accessories designer as saying:
"Every woman should have at least one over the top bag, and to do that, you need to flirt with extremes....A life lived safely in monotone is no life at all."

Since all my bags are black, tan or brown, and my clothes all charcoal, white, tan or black, that last statement REALLY hit close to home! (It got me thinking about blue jean again).
All kidding aside, I think you are on to something with this color idea. All the ones mentioned are good options. In particular, purple seems very big now, in all the lines. I dont think raisin etc are a flash in the pan either. I think purple bags (raisin especially) are going to have staying power because everyone love them so much.

On the flight back to NY today, I was reading the book "Style A to Zoe" by Rachel Zoe, a birthday gift from my older sister. In her section on bags, she quotes an accessories designer as saying:
"Every woman should have at least one over the top bag, and to do that, you need to flirt with extremes....A life lived safely in monotone is no life at all."

Since all my bags are black, tan or brown, and my clothes all charcoal, white, tan or black, that last statement REALLY hit close to home! (It got me thinking about blue jean again).
OMgosh, that is me too! OK, I really need a hit of color. Organizing my closet was really a wake up call for me. Enough neutrals already!:yes:

Olive skin? Rouge Garance. Tha's my pick for you. I personally adore vermillion and vif, but they're better on paler skin tones, in my opinion.

I'm going to investigate this one. I saw a gorgeous pictur of one in the reference section.
With roughe garance, what hw looks best? palladium or gold? I love ghw but with a red with blue undertones, would PHw be better?
Yes vermillion is just gorgeous but I thought it really pulled the yellow out in my skin tone. Not good for sallow skin.