I went wedding gown shopping and found *THE ONE*!

LivinLuxuriously

Surprisingly Content
May 14, 2006
I had 4 apts at 4 different bridal stores today - beginning at 10:00am and ending at around 6:00pm - I tried on over 40 dresses - 8 hours of dress shopping!!! But I felt *IT* in the last dress, in the last store.

Here are the contenders - 1 shop which had 2 of our other favorites didn't let us take pictures - so these are from the ones we could that we liked

*note* this was just dress shopping - so obviously my hair and makeup won't be like this for the wedding - but I do want my hair up, and pretty simple. :smile: *SQUEE!!*

The contenders/final runner ups:
DSCN3535.jpg

DSCN3538.jpg

DSCN3552.jpg

DSCN3545.jpg

DSCN3560.jpg

Just cute one with veil:
DSCN3553.jpg

*The One* - :yahoo: the pictures do it NO justice - and it was my last dress of 40+ and the end of my 8 hours of standing - these dresses are HEAVY!!! So by this time my makeup looked like crap and I just am exausted!
DSCN3562.jpg

DSCN3564.jpg

DSCN3573.jpg

DSCN3568.jpg

DSCN3569.jpg

DSCN3563.jpg

Excellent choice - it looks absolutely stunning on you! From the looks of the photos, t doesn't even look like it need much altering, looks like it was made for you. Congratulations, your exhausting day was well worth it:yes:

Excellent choice - it looks absolutely stunning on you! From the looks of the photos, t doesn't even look like it need much altering, looks like it was made for you. Congratulations, your exhausting day was well worth it:yes:

It's actually clipped onto me - lol. I'm a size 00 - and most of the dresses I went to were in size 8 or 10 - and then they make one to your size - so all the dresses above are a good 6 sizes to big on me - and the attendant has these CRAZY strong like, super industrial strength clips and they pull all the fabric of the bodice to the back and CLIP it so it's holding snug to your body. Look closesly at the pictures up top - you'll see the clips - some are black in some pics, and orange in the others. For the last dress (*the one*) the clips were clear like fron hangers. On the last picture for *the one* - my hands are that way because I'm actually holding to fabric to me for the picture, lol.

OMG! I just realized who it was! OMG, you look so fabulous!!!!! :smile: I'm so happy for you...Did I somehow miss that you and your boyfriend are getting married???

lol I guess so! :lol:

We got engaged on Oct. 1st - I made a post (http://forum.purseblog.com/relationships-and-family/we-set-the-date-im-getting-married-194636.html), it was the most romantic experience of my life (thus far!). We're set to be married Oct 5, 2008 - we have the church and hall paid for and booked!

Any jewelry/hair/makeup suggestions??

With this dress I want my hair up - I bought that veil and head piece. I want to look vintage bride, couture-esq - so I'm thinking ...hmm... decisions, decisions...

I was thinking I may not *need* a necklace - but definitely some sort of diamond bracelet. I was thinking diamond studs - my MOH offered to let me use hers - 1.5 carat studs (any bigger my ear would look like it was falling off! Tiny ears :P) - so that would be my *something borrowed* - squee!!

But I'm totally open for opinions!!!

Love that dress! And my favorite part is it doesn't look ....well, cookie-cutter as some dresses look.

It is absolutely stunning on you.

As far as jewelry, I totally agree with no necklace! I think something pretty, relatively larger, would look great.

Yay! And congratulations on your engagement!