This Is A Warning Regarding An Ebay Auction

JohnfromBrampto

Senka, John's my DH
Apr 10, 2007
THERE IS CURRENTLY AN EBAY AUCTION FOR A "CHANEL Black Large Modern Chain GrandS Shopping Bag" LISTED FOR $1500.00. WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE AUCTION YOU ARE CHANGED INTO A SCREEN OF A BUY-IT-NOW FOR $1500.00. DO NOT BUY-IT-NOW!! YOU ARE BEING RE-DIRECTED INTO A FRAUDULENT WEBSITE THAT IS GOING TO STEAL YOUR PERSONNAL INFO. MY WEB BROWSER CAUGHT IT!

I already reported them but ebay is taking their time and I was worried that someone would use the BIN before ebay reacted. Ebay is starting to get really scary now! In all the years that I have been with ebay I have never seen this happen before. When I first saw the screen change to a BIN I thought the seller had just happened to change the auction at the same time that I was watching and I was really tempted because I love this bag. Thank God I splurged already and couldn't afford to buy another bag or I would have BIN'ed it! My web browser didn't catch the fraudulent website until the second time around.

report them to ebay

I already reported them but ebay is taking their time and I was worried that someone would use the BIN before ebay reacted. Ebay is starting to get really scary now! In all the years that I have been with ebay I have never seen this happen before. When I first saw the screen change to a BIN I thought the seller had just happened to change the auction at the same time that I was watching and I was really tempted because I love this bag. Thank God I splurged already and couldn't afford to buy another bag or I would have BIN'ed it! My web browser didn't catch the fraudulent website until the second time around.

Scary! That's insane! Does it mean that it will no longer be safe to browse Ebay's listings?