Birkin came in but I don't have the money- what do I do :-(?

stylefly

Shopportunist
O.G.
Apr 22, 2006
So apparently my Bleu Brighton 30cm Birkin showed up about a year early. I'd been planning to save for the next year to pay for it when it came in. What do I do now?
I think it may not be the bag I ordered, though, but the store got the exact same one in that I wanted and my SA called. Not sure. This may be relevant to the advice I get from you guys so I thought it was important to mention.
I want this bag so bad...and I want to keep my relationsship with my SA.
Advice, anyone? :sad:

Oh ugh, I can totally identify. Yes, it is probably not the bag you ordered. These things happen. Is there any way you can scrounge up the money for it?

Oh my. I would advise against putting it on credit, personally, simply because I'm one of "those people" who does not believe debt is a justifiable expense unless actually necessary.

To be blatantly honest, a 30cm Blue Brighton Birkin isn't exactly all that hard to find when you are ready for it. I would probably advise you to go see the bag, come up with a fairly legitimate reason why it's not perfect for you (veiny skin? weird stitch here and there? or just being honest that you expected to have more time to save $ for it), and then wait.
But that's just me.

If you really love this bag, I say let it wait. I once had an SO wait 8 months for me because I just wasn't sure until then that I wanted it. Speak to your SA. They can keep it for you if they want to.

Let it wait. If it's meant to be yours, you'll have it in a year. I strongly advise against putting a bag on your credit card- No, no, no!

Who knows, maybe in one year, you'll find another birkin you like.

Thanks for all of the advice :heart:
I agree Cyn, I don't want to put it on credit. We don't have those fabulous 0% rate cards here in Canada anyway (or if they do, I've never found one!). Would my SA hate me if I declined it? How does that work?
Babyshingo- I ordered it in September and was quoted about a year- year and a half wait!
So they can hold the bag? Has anyone done that before? If I sell a few things...I can come up with most of it.
Keep in mind that a 30cm Chevre Birkin in Canada runs $9200 with taxes:wtf: