Vacanze carabiner

Nov 20, 2007
For those of you using your Vacanze bags and maybe hope to sell it second-hand in future, be careful about using the carabiner. I used mine just twice to hold a bunch of keys and the matte coating has already started coming off in scratches and peels. Just a heads up. :hysteric:

Oh really ? That's crappy to know.. I'm so careless with the karabiners in the bag, you'd think they'd be more durable than that !

I've never had that problem with any of my Toki carabiners. The only issue I have ever encountered with paint peeling is on the OP zipper pulls. I've been using my Vacanze Avventura for almost 2 weeks non-stop with no issues with the carabiner and I have the keys to my suitcase attached to it so I use it everyday. (I'm currently traveling.) Maybe you just got a defective one?

Idk if it is a defective one or matter of time before coating comes off on others. As long as it is a coating it will come off. If it's part of the manufacturing process for the metal then it won't. But the carabiner material underneath is nice shiny silver!

Idk if it is a defective one or matter of time before coating comes off on others. As long as it is a coating it will come off. If it's part of the manufacturing process for the metal then it won't. But the carabiner material underneath is nice shiny silver!

Hmm, odd. :confused1: Like I said I have never had that problem and I have owned a few of my Toki bags since early 2006. Maybe I have just been lucky.:shrugs: