Whats a reasonable partial refund amount?

Let us know what happens. I personally think you are asking too much, given the sale price, but you haven't posted photos of the damage. If I were the seller, I would offer you a full refund and take the bag back.

I'd do it for the shipping... $40 for $20?! Jeez! Only if she lived an hour away from a post office... of course she might.

Let us know what happens. I personally think you are asking too much, given the sale price, but you haven't posted photos of the damage. If I were the seller, I would offer you a full refund and take the bag back.

I agree with this ^^^ If I were the seller, I would just take the bag back. You may want to return it. I don't think she is going to refund you the amount requested.

Oops I just saw this, $50 sounds fair I guess. Good luck and congrats on this steal.

I know $120 sounds cheap for a Botkier, but the seller might not even have paid that much for it! I saw on one of the forum posts that it was on sale for $180 at Neiman Marcus last year. SO if she bought it for that, and sold it for $120, then she would have got a good deal considering she has used it a few times!

well from the last picture you posted their are several little pen marks and it looks like she had a pen in their while she was using it so she did lie about the bag being new. i would laso would have asked for the 20 back in shipping she charged too much keep us updated

Well if she gives me back $50, I will not be asking back another $20 for shipping as I think that would be too much. But yes, there is definitely evidence that it was used rather than just a slip of a pen that may have somehow got there accidentally.

Well in her message that she me originally - she offered to send me an extra bag as a bonus. Even the cost of an old bag + $20 postage would be equilvalent to that cost.
Do you know what the extra bonus bag looks like? I would rather take the money refund than have something extra sent, that I would probably never use. Did you ask why she charged you $40 for shipping but only paid $20? Just my opinion, I would never buy from her again. Sounds very dishonest. Oh well, as long as you are happy with the end result.

I wish sellers would stop abusing the word new. It's either new, or it's not. There isn't an in between. You can always say gently worn, but to me, and everyone else, that word is also relative to each individual. KWIM?

I dont know what the extra bag is, but I dont think it would be anything new. She was telling me in one of the previous messages she was thinking of selling some of her used bags, so I guess she would give me one of those. And you're right - I would prefer to get the refund over the bonus bag.

I am guessing she is thinking about what to do now beucase she hasnt responded to me and its been over a day whereas all the previous times ive messaged her, she's always reponsded within 24 hours.

I'd email her something nice but to the point. You need to let her know you want to complete this transaction, and could she please get back to you tonight. Let her know that if you don't hear back, you will be forced to open a dispute. Tell her that isn't what you want to do, but with all the bad apples on eBay, you need to look out for yourself. Again, you just want this to be finalized and she doesn't need 2 days to think this over. HTH:flowers:

I know $120 sounds cheap for a Botkier, but the seller might not even have paid that much for it! I saw on one of the forum posts that it was on sale for $180 at Neiman Marcus last year. SO if she bought it for that, and sold it for $120, then she would have got a good deal considering she has used it a few times!

You don't know that though, she may have bought it for retail. $180 is one of those 'once in a blue moon' sales. Most ebay prices go by the retail, it's the only way anyone could make any profit on there. Personally I would've put this bag up for BIN for $250 to $300 since there isn't exterior damage, regardles of what I paid for it. It annoys some people to think that they could be paying more than the person bought the bag for, but that's business. Pretty much everything you buy everywhere costs more than the person bought it for at the distributor. $120 would be if I had a noticable scratch on the leather on the outside or something. Plus this bag is last season, you can't find it anywhere anymore.

Anyway enough of my opinion, email her your conditions, if she does not answer within two days escalate into a dispute as per PinkSuadeSoho's instructions. If she doesn't do what you ask mull over her suggestion for a bit, such as if she just wants the bag back and a refund, or something like that. Don't take that extra bag, you have no idea what it could be, it might only be worth $5. Personally I think she's sounding shadier and shadier... stand your ground.

I emailed her a photo of the example of what I have told you guys yesterday but no response yet. There are a few leather defects would could be the character or could be becuase she's scratched it. It is not that noticeable, but I would say thats another reason to warrant the partial refund.

I have posted a pic up of one of the defects I noted on the handbag.

Attachments

• DSCF2014.JPG
    DSCF2014.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 52