Thinking about getting my 1st Bbag. Any tall/ bigger woman with a First...?

Neptune

O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
I'm thinking about getting my first Bbag. I'm normally a LV girl but I've been looking for a soft leather bag for a while and I love the look of the City and the First.

I don't like huge bags, the biggest bag I carry is my LV, Black Neo Cabby GM, which I don't find to be too big, but I wouldn't want a bag too much bigger then this. I am tall, 6'0" and I'm not a small girl, I have a bigger frame and weight (lucky me....:Push:smile:

Anyway, I'm interested mostly in the City and the First in a white / ivorie color or black and I'm leaning towards a first but I worry that the first will be too small and the city would be too big for what I'm looking for.

How is the size width wise compared to a speedy 30? How long is the shoulder strap? That's what I'm mostly worried about, the strap being too short. On the Diabro site it says a first strap is 47cm (18.5 inc) long, but is that the drop length or the complete length of the strap?

Are there any taller or bigger women who have a first with pictures? Also the city as well, to see the difference.

Thanks, I appreciate the help.

I'm not tall but.... I've seen lots of pictures of tall people that look great carrying either the First or the City. I might lean towards the City maybe. Have you also thought of the Part Time? Similar in size to the city but slightly different dimensions.

I am almost 5'10" and 165 lbs. I owned a First/Classique for about two hours. I ordered it from Aloha Rag and Fedex came and I tried it on and back in the box it went. It was way too small for me. I think the City is also too small for me.

But I believe this to be personal preference. I currently only own the Day (in three colors) and am very seriously considering the Part Time. I like the proportions with my body better. I have an Epi Speedy 25 that I use as a flirty girlie bag.

I would say the First is closer to the Jasmin but without the base width.

I think the best thing to do is to try to get to a Saks or NM and try some on.

Good luck!

I am almost 5'10" and 165 lbs. I owned a First/Classique for about two hours. I ordered it from Aloha Rag and Fedex came and I tried it on and back in the box it went. It was way too small for me. I think the City is also too small for me.

But I believe this to be personal preference. I currently only own the Day (in three colors) and am very seriously considering the Part Time. I like the proportions with my body better. I have an Epi Speedy 25 that I use as a flirty girlie bag.

I would say the First is closer to the Jasmin but without the base width.

I think the best thing to do is to try to get to a Saks or NM and try some on.

Good luck!

Guess I am about the same size. And I also have a passion for small bags. I have a city and a first. And I like it.... And I've only ever recieved positive compliments. Well obviously people wouldn't say to my face that I'm too fat for that bag bag, but I chose to believe they say it because they actually think it look good.

I think you should go with the style and colour your like instead of thinking about if it'll "suit" you (if you know what i mean)....:tup:

Thanks everyone for your help. My biggest concern is the City being bigger then I would like. I don't want it to be too much bigger then my Neo Cabby GM, and I worry that the strap of the first would be too short. I guess I really just need to get to Saks and check them out...:yes:

Hi Neptune, I really think you will like the City size. It appears MUCH bigger in pictures (especially on the Nicole Richie's of the world), I was so surprised when I saw it in real life, it was so much smaller than I thought it would be. I have a Speedy 30 and I think they are comparable in size. The City is smaller than the Neo Cabby GM.

The First is adorable but pretty small. It is a good bag for going out or wearing in the summer, but would be too small for me for an everyday bag.

Hope this helps!

hi neptune, i had a gm neo cabby which was slightly larger than the city. i am only 5'6 of medium built with curves in some of the wrong places:P,and thought the first was waay too small and the city almost the right size if not for the short depth,imo. there is definitely less room inside the city than the cabby. i personally like the way the part-time feels and it seems to be proportionate to my size & shape.

if you don't like large bags, than i definitely wouldn't recommend the work. other than the city, maybe you might want to check out the part-time. it is shorter than the neo cabby and about the same length. goodluck!

Thanks for the help. I'm really close to getting an Ivorie City but somethings holding me back... I think it's because I kinda want one in black but the ivorie is so pretty and I already have a somewhat similar bag that's black (the cabby).

Hi Neptune, I really think you will like the City size. It appears MUCH bigger in pictures (especially on the Nicole Richie's of the world), I was so surprised when I saw it in real life, it was so much smaller than I thought it would be.

I totally agree. The City looks huge in pics and it's atually on the smaller scale of today's bags. I've been back to visit a City because I'm convinced I was looking at another bag several times!

And I agree with the idea of what you feel comfortable with and what you can wear with confidence.

Grietje

Get the City. It's not a big bag, it's perfect. I'm 5'7" and I think the First looks way too small on me and you can hardly get anything in it without it starting to look stuffed.

I think you should get neither of them.
try a different style.
Before I ordered mine I went and tried one on in a boutique and the first was to small.
the city will be to big for what you want.

(I've typed this on a iPod touch its being very interesting)

Thanks everyone for your help. My biggest concern is the City being bigger then I would like. I don't want it to be too much bigger then my Neo Cabby GM, and I worry that the strap of the first would be too short. I guess I really just need to get to Saks and check them out...:yes:

actually, you might be surprised.. city seems to photograph in a certain way... but when i got my sandstone i was completely astonished at how " normal-sized" or even small it seemed!!

i would say that my city holds as much as my speedy 30 keeping the difference of material in mind..

Hi Neptune, I really think you will like the City size. It appears MUCH bigger in pictures (especially on the Nicole Richie's of the world), I was so surprised when I saw it in real life, it was so much smaller than I thought it would be. I have a Speedy 30 and I think they are comparable in size. The City is smaller than the Neo Cabby GM.

The First is adorable but pretty small. It is a good bag for going out or wearing in the summer, but would be too small for me for an everyday bag.

Hope this helps!

woops! i think i said the same exact thing verbatim!! i hadn't read the whole thread :shame: