Chanel '08 Cruise Trunk Show Singapore

have fun at the trunk show, c~!!
im sure you will be extra good so you can get a pair of gorg loubies! the trunk show in SF was yesterday/today but i couldnt go because of school. =( good thing i already know i dont want anything, right?? hehe take lots of piccies!

~k

Hihihi, i've been reading tPF for half a year. It's so great that I've finally found someone who's based in Singapore! I have 3 chanels, 2 purchased at the HK airport and 1 was purchased here (a 2.55 reissue in white distressed in Dec 2005. I was lucky 'cos it was on display and just before the re-issues became so popular that I never saw another one on display again after!) I just want to comment that this site is absolutely great. Shopping in Singapore is frustrating. We have only one Chanel boutique and everything is sold out. I have requested or tried to reserve a jumbo for years and they have never returned my call! maybe my singapore tPF members can help! ;)

^ coral! but my SA told me they were sold out already, there's a long wait list for them. urghhh i only have the slot for the beige patent, seriously, i'm getting pretty sick of shopping here! it's just too limited!

Generally I hate shopping in HK, UK or Singapore. :yucky: You can never find anything and everything is freaking reserved for "other people".

These days I shop in KLCC's Chanel. Lovely SAs and the stock is good. A little bit more expensive (not as expensive as ridiculous UK) but at least I get what I want. If I am very rich, I shop in Japan. The most extensive collection you can ever imagine outside of France.

Generally I hate shopping in HK, UK or Singapore. :yucky: You can never find anything and everything is freaking reserved for "other people".

These days I shop in KLCC's Chanel. Lovely SAs and the stock is good. A little bit more expensive (not as expensive as ridiculous UK) but at least I get what I want. If I am very rich, I shop in Japan. The most extensive collection you can ever imagine outside of France.

I guess we can't blame Singapore Chanel for bringing limited pieces as compared with Japan Chanel. The market is not that big in Singapore as compared to Japan. Our population is too small and consumer spending is not as great as in Japan. So while Japan can have their own exclusives, I don't think that will happen in Singapore.

And since Singapore Chanel has a vip system, vips will always come first when it comes to new issues and popular bags. Also due to limited pieces avaible, their vips will put their names on the waitlist way in advance before the item is announced. You are lucky that you can shop in KL, for me it's just S'pore & HK which is equally as crazy.

I guess we can't blame Singapore Chanel for bringing limited pieces as compared with Japan Chanel. The market is not that big in Singapore as compared to Japan. Our population is too small and consumer spending is not as great as in Japan. So while Japan can have their own exclusives, I don't think that will happen in Singapore.

And since Singapore Chanel has a vip system, vips will always come first when it comes to new issues and popular bags. Also due to limited pieces avaible, their vips will put their names on the waitlist way in advance before the item is announced. You are lucky that you can shop in KL, for me it's just S'pore & HK which is equally as crazy.

VIP systems....oh dear. I hate VIP systems.

Maybe what we could do is as soon as Chanel puts up a new show on its website, we just print out a copy of the item we want and ask Chanel to reserve it for us.

I am going to try to get a timeless clutch :yes: tomorrow and also to put my name down for the coral heels. Will report if I succeed. I spent a lot this summer on Chanel and generally the SAs greet me personally when I visit the boutique but this VIP system still depresses me. I think whoever comes in to the shop is a customer and therefore should be treated properly. She might only purchase a pair of earrings today. But tomorrow, she might be buying the high-end clothes - where Chanel makes its real money!!

Did you see anything you fancy from the Cruise collection?

VIP systems....oh dear. I hate VIP systems.

Maybe what we could do is as soon as Chanel puts up a new show on its website, we just print out a copy of the item we want and ask Chanel to reserve it for us.

I am going to try to get a timeless clutch :yes: tomorrow and also to put my name down for the coral heels. Will report if I succeed. I spent a lot this summer on Chanel and generally the SAs greet me personally when I visit the boutique but this VIP system still depresses me. I think whoever comes in to the shop is a customer and therefore should be treated properly. She might only purchase a pair of earrings today. But tomorrow, she might be buying the high-end clothes - where Chanel makes its real money!!

Did you see anything you fancy from the Cruise collection?

Yeah tell me about it manz......I was at the shop yesterday, looking at the icecube bag. I asked the SA if I could buy that but she said it was "reserved for someone". :Push: I knew it was for their so-called VIP so I purposely asked her, if I am a ready buyer standing right in front of you now, and all ready to pay for the bag, why can't she sell it to me rather than put the bag there and wait for the so-called-VIP and not knowing if she'll ever come to get the bag? Then she said she can put me on the waitlist but I'll have to go down IMMEDIATELY upon receiving her phone call when the stock's here as they can't reserve. So what kind of double standard is this? Arn't we paying customers too? :tdown:

MIffy: I bought my Melrose gradient flap in medium size in HK and called my SA to remove my name from the waitlist so to give other chanel lovers a chance. But I heard it sold out within the same day it was launched. Luckily for me, I bought in HK cos Singapore only had the jumbo. Anyway, I'm getting a pair of earrings & maybe a pair of wedges if the size fits. I'm a 35.5 but for both 35.5 & 36 are reserved. Apparently also VIPs who waitlisted when the cruise show was out which is strange cos I also called my SA around then. Must be a super vip, perhaps there's ranking within the vip system too. Ha!! Also waitlisted for a pair of mary janes & flip flops plus the metallic symbols wallet.

How about you? Eyeing anything for Cruise??

LittleLambie: Maybe if you are confirmed in getting the bag, you could pay a deposit for it first so that the bag will be held for you and you don't have to rush down? That's what I do if there's a bag I really have to get...

acks, i know about the vip system! i'm not a vip but my SA sort of keeps / gets stuff i want sometimes. she keeps the items that she knows i will get aside for me so i don't have to keep calling her to check on this and that. it really pisses me off to know the stuff i want always run out quickly and she knows i got upset on a few occasions when the stuff i wanted were sold out to the 'vvips'. i cannot say anything about this b/c they are the 'really big buyers' who buys a great deal from every season whereas i'm just a regular customer who goes as and when i like (i don't like to feel obligated to something, i think the idea of 'coming right down now' just to buy something b/c they cannot reserve for you is utterly annoying!). i don't know whether it is a good or bad thing for her to keep stuff aside for me b/c i don't usually wait list for things, i just buy whatever i like and what's available. i don't think it's nice to take up someone else's chance of getting the same items!

prices for j12 have increased. if i remember correctly, the automatic 38mm j12 with diamond bezel (not the face but around the watch face) was around $38k. i'm not sure about the prices now. the 38mm without diamonds would be around 16k if i'm not wrong? i was asking about the prices 2 months ago.