New Gryson Skye! :)

Jan 11, 2007
I got my first Gryson bag...a dark brown Skye! I LOVE the way it looks! The only thing that I had to figure out was the shoulder strap situation. I don't intend to wear it..but found it to look a bit goofy when I took it off. I figured out a way for it to NOT get in the way and look nice. I just wanted to share what I did to it.

12.jpg

The bag :biggrin:

13.jpg

Top view: That's as much as I open it I criss-crossed the straps under so that they don't get in the way.

15.jpg

Side view: cross action going on ;)

14.jpg

Buttoned the straps under so that they stay put. :smile:

Cool. I just got an Olivia (same color) which has the same type of straps. the longer strap does get somewhat in the way but in my case I do like to be able to put on shoulder some of the time and I think if I did what you did it would make it inconvenient when you want to use the shoulder straps. But if you're not using them, great to get them out of the way.

Yes ...my zipper is hard to work too. Sometimes when I'm out and about I leave it open. Bue I expect the way to get it to work easier is to use it.

whew...at least I now know that they are ALL that way. One of my handles is SLIGHTLY longer than the other, too...but I figure it'll stretch out and even-out eventually. :P

How funny...that's exactly what I did to my straps too! I think it looks nice! My zipper is extremely stiff too. I read on here someone used clear chapstick to help smooth it out a bit and it supposedly worked well. Congrats on your new bag!

How funny...that's exactly what I did to my straps too! I think it looks nice! My zipper is extremely stiff too. I read on here someone used clear chapstick to help smooth it out a bit and it supposedly worked well. Congrats on your new bag!

I use chapstick on all of my Grysons. My new ones are all super stiff but My two oldest ones (about 2 years old) glide easily now. Turn on a good sitcom, plop yourself on the couch, slicker up the teeth with clear unscented chapstick and have a zipper-fest for a good half hour. They should work good after that...and your arm muscles get a work out. :smile: