Am I just picky?

You have worried me now because I noticed that my lambskin was a bit turned up on the corner of the outer flap and didn't lie completely flat when I received it. However, I thought I was just being picky and have used the bag now. I'm worried I should have returned it though. I'm desperate to get home from work now and check it out to see if it's really that bad.

When I got my reissue, there was a loose stitching hanging out. So, I asked for another one and the other one didn't have that problem.

Chanel should have better quality control.

Maybe your watching it too much, look away for like 30 minutes and then take another look. sometimes our eyes will view something for what its not.

but if you are really uncomfortable then you should take it back or try and have it fixed

Just looked at my blue jumbo which I've also had a few weeks and have worn constantly. No loose threads..but I noticed in your side pictures the bottom part of the bag is fuller looking than the top- if that makes any sense..when I do that to my bag the flap also looks like it sticks out more from the front of the bag, but when I smooth out the sides..so the bottom of the side is the same as the top it's fine..

nyhockeymom, ahh, I see what you mean. I tried to smooth out the bottom half of the bag, but that's really not what's causing the flap to curve out -- even when I open the flap and lift it away from the bag, it is not straight! :sad:

Am I making others paranoid about their bags? :Push:

Anyway, I received another WHITE Jumbo today (will post photos!!! I'm SO excited!) and you can tell that it's brand new. No loose stitching, and the flaps are DEAD FLAT against the bag!

I'm convinced that I received a USED (returned) black Jumbo. I'm wearing my new Jumbo to the store to show them and tell them what I mean!

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Jumbo I received is not the Jumbo that I've requested to exchange -- I haven't done that yet, but will do store in-store.

The Jumbo I received is a different white Jumbo! I plan on keeping both black and white, but I gotta exchange the beat-up black one first!

Thank you habanerita! I did a charge/send for the white Jumbo I received today from another location because an SA at the boutique (where I got this worn black Jumbo) told me they don't make that style of Jumbo (white w/gold hardware) and won't be made until SUMMER. Such a liar! A lovely PFer here found one for me at NM, and now it's mine! I wonder why they're treating me like crap at that boutique :sad:. Everywhere else has been wonderful.

it isn't a problem to me i think, i would just take a lighter and burn off the excess thread (but i'll get that professionally done) or snip it with a pair of sharp thin scissors. imo, it looks like an excess thread that is poking out, that was what happened to my navy patent jumbo! bring it back to the boutique to see what they can do! good luck!

Maybe they're not really lying is just that NM order different stocks from the boutique? I once asked a SA from a boutique if she have a red timeless clutch and she told me it was never made. I reply that my friend have one and she had the nerve to comment that maybe my friend got it from China Town :cursing:. I later realise that the red lambskin was an exclusive for NM. Some SA's really have their foot in their mouth!

nyhockeymom, ahh, I see what you mean. I tried to smooth out the bottom half of the bag, but that's really not what's causing the flap to curve out -- even when I open the flap and lift it away from the bag, it is not straight! :sad:

Am I making others paranoid about their bags? :Push:

Anyway, I received another WHITE Jumbo today (will post photos!!! I'm SO excited!) and you can tell that it's brand new. No loose stitching, and the flaps are DEAD FLAT against the bag!

I'm convinced that I received a USED (returned) black Jumbo. I'm wearing my new Jumbo to the store to show them and tell them what I mean!

Good luck and let us know how it going at the store...I'm not expert..I only have 2 flaps..but just noticed that yours looks different from mine on the side..
Glad your white jumbo is exactly how you pictured it