Do you tie your Paypal account to your bank account or a credit card?

cascherping

Confetti In Her Hair
O.G.
Oct 31, 2006
I need your advice...

I've been a fairly active member of eBay for a couple of years (200+ feedback) and have my bank account tied to my PayPal account.

Is this the best method? Or should I (or can you) tie it to a credit card? I just want to make sure I'm making the best decision.

Thank you!

I've got mine to my credit card so that I have double protection - I can do a chargeback with my cc company if Paypal refuses to help in a dispute. We sell but nothing of really high value and nothing that we are likely to get a dispute on, but I know that some of the sellers here have worried about Paypal deducting from their bank accounts when they lost a dispute.

^^That's been my biggest concern. I usually sell higher end items and I've read some of the threads of unwarranted chargebacks and I just want to make sure I'm protected.

Is it easy to change to a credit card?

Thank you!

I also have both. Paypal always confirms whether you would like to make your payment via CC, and I always choose yes. You can add or edit as many CCs to your account as you want.

I opened a separate account at a different bank than I normally do business at because sometimes your bank will deduct the funds from any linked account to avoid overdrafts.. I also clear my funds regularly from my Paypal account and bank account. That way Paypal can't screw up my finances in case of any chargebacks or errors on their part.

I also have both. Paypal always confirms whether you would like to make your payment via CC, and I always choose yes. You can add or edit as many CCs to your account as you want.

Just wondering if you might know....I also have a credit card attached to my Paypal acct, but even when I choose to pay with credit card for a purchase, it first takes from my paypal account and then puts the balance on the credit card. Is there a way to just put the whole thing on my credit card and still leave a balance in my paypal account? Thanks.

Just wondering if you might know....I also have a credit card attached to my Paypal acct, but even when I choose to pay with credit card for a purchase, it first takes from my paypal account and then puts the balance on the credit card. Is there a way to just put the whole thing on my credit card and still leave a balance in my paypal account? Thanks.

I don't believe so. You have to clear out your pp account before you can charge the whole amount on your credit card. You can probably deposit the money after you complete the transaction, though.

We have our account tied up to our credit card due to the same reasons already listed on this thread, the double protection you get from your credit card. My bank is pretty good and i have been refunded every single cent i was owed whenever i've filed an unauthorised charge. I recently opened an item not received dispute with paypal and paypal found it in favour of the person who ripped me off, so i got my CC people involved in it and i got my money back. I also do not like the idea of having our savings account tied up to some third party i have no control over. I'm paranoid some nut job is going to hack into paypal's client database and siphon all my money out of my account and into their off shore account or something. I know it's a bit far fetched but hacking into sensitive info like this has been know to happen even to the biggest companies in the past.