Food Tofu Noodles?

luxoleather

Apr 3, 2007
I just heard about this Shirataki noodle thing. It tastes and looks like noodles with almost none of the carbs and non of the fat. Anyone tried it? And if so where can I get it and some recipes please? Thank you!

I have heard of these but have not tried them, so I can only answer your question about where to get them -- I've seen them at my local Japanese grocery store. It looks like you can buy them online too if you can't find them locally.

You can buy them at Central Market. They have an interesting odor when you open them, so I suggest that you rinse them thoroughly and then boil them a bit before using.There are several recipes using this product on the website hungry-girl.com

hey luxoleather i was at the supermarket today and saw the shirataki noodle recipe booklet today and remembered you were looking for recipes so picked on up-here are photos of all the recipes in it-hopefully you can read them :tup:

Tofu002.jpg

Italian Sausage & Spinach Soup; Raspberry Turkey Salad
Tofu003.jpg

Tofu004.jpg

Those are my favorite noodles and I stopped eating regular pasta at home in favor of the tofu noodles. There's a couple of Japanese grocery stores in NYC that sell them for only 99 cents a bag.

Thanks for the recipes.

Shiritaki noodles are SO good. They have a somewhat strange texture, but you definitely get used to it...and like fashionfresnzy said - rinse very well before cooking, and don't mind the odor when you open the package.

I used to eat Shiritaki often when I low-carbed my diet. Had a great recipe for baked "Shipeghtti", heheh, I'll try to find the recipe.