Please come laugh with me...before I cry. Just when I thought I was done cleaning...

I feel for you. Recently we decided to flip the study in the lower level with the playroom on the upper level, but... to do that meant that somethings from the playroom (which was also a catch all) had to be redistributed to other room, which then led to those rooms being redone. In the end, we ended up needing to reorganize the ENTIRE house!!!! I'm left with reorganizing the storage room which was the first room I started with, but by the end, more stuff ended up there and there's still some weeding out that can be done.

I must say however, its MUCH nicer having it mostly done! But I've kind of lost steam and dropped it for a couple months because I was so exhausted from the two weeks of pure organization.

The shows Clean Sweep and Neat make it look soooo easy. First, they are tackling TWO rooms and we all know that there are things in other rooms that need to go in that room too or there is other clutter WAITING. It's NEVER just one closet or one room that needs to be done, never! Can anyone disagree? Well, my MIL probably can. She's one of those weirdos who empty her closet COMPLETELY twice a year to dust and vacuum and repack it - like completely tears out her walk in just to dust.... I think I do that when we are moving or I have to sort it for something else, not just for the sake of doing it! LOL

Twink: I share your pain. Over the years I have started(I never start small), collections of dolls, bears, miniatures (complete with 6 room doll house that I built), paint and patterns for folk art painting and scrapbooking supplies. My spare room is packed and I can't bare to part with anything! It seems the more you pull out and try to sort, the more trouble there is trying to put it all away. Love the Barbie collection, BTW!

Berry your MIL sounds like my mom! She is completly OCD...I swear to this day, thats why I am messy. We were not even allowed to sit on our beds growing up ("beds are for sleeping, sit in a chair") or walk into a room that had just been vacuumed...if we had to use the bathroom and she had just vacuumed she would send us to the pool house...I am not kidding!

I know what you mean about one room leads to another...that's actually why I started in the doll room, because every room had doll stuff, I knew any room I tried to tackle I was going to run into doll stuff. My seven year old's room is next...and I have been doing the office on and off since June or July...whew, some day it will be finished!

Razor, come and play anytime ;)

LVbabydoll, I know your mom has a tone of minis and dolls too :smile:

THE BIG NEWS...thanks everyone for the encouragement....

I am Done!!! :yahoo:

I am too tired for pics, plus it's dark, so I will take some pics tomorrow :smile:

Wow! Take your time with the organizing though, don't hurt or exhaust yourself! Its always fun when you're cleaning and you find something you bought ages ago and forgot about/couldn't find right? Wow. LOL so do you know where exactly (or roughly) pretty much everything is or do you have to search for ages to find something you want?

Oh wait I just saw that you said you're done. Phew! How'd you do that so quick? hehe. If I were a little girl and you were my mom I know me and all my friends would think my house was heaven:biggrin:

Can I camp out in Barbie's room for a while? Congratulations of finishing - you must feel so much better! :tup:

Thanks...my 13 year old son asked, "Mom, you left the futon and bed in there...do you really think anyone would actually sleep in there?" I said, "Well, they could, if someone was already using the guest room."

He laughed, "no way, no one would want to sleep in there with all those Barbies! All those eyes looking at you...ewww, that would creep me out." :P

Wow! Take your time with the organizing though, don't hurt or exhaust yourself! Its always fun when you're cleaning and you find something you bought ages ago and forgot about/couldn't find right? Wow. LOL so do you know where exactly (or roughly) pretty much everything is or do you have to search for ages to find something you want?

Oh wait I just saw that you said you're done. Phew! How'd you do that so quick? hehe. If I were a little girl and you were my mom I know me and all my friends would think my house was heaven:biggrin:

Thanks for the advice...the first part was not so fast, about 4 days...but yesterday, with so much stuff still in boxes, it made it easier to go through.

I am so glad it is done, but now it's made me want to do the same for boys rooms too. They have too many toys and books. I want to donate a bunch and orginize their stuff , so they can enjoy it more.