Crappers....the big birthday coming up...as it gets closer..ACK

twiggers

O.G.
May 7, 2006
OK...so I know...those of you who have lived through this birthday are giggling at me about being all paranoid about it....BUT my big 3-0 is coming up in a mere 8 days! And I'm a little freaked out...the closer it gets ACK

I've had a pretty boring 20s...had a little fun at the very beginning and since 22 I've been married and in school (I did all my craziness in my teens)! So the 20s have been kind of 'bleh' for me. I think my 30s is going to be all about finishing grad school and establishing a career (no plans for children at all)....and hopefully some fun vacations thrown in!

IDK...am I freaking out over nothing? Hubby is 41 and says it's no biggie. My Dad is flying in for the weekend next week...so I'm sure he'll get his fair share of teasing in. I told my husband I wanted to leave my 20s with a bang...which equals lots of gifts:graucho: And apparently he says he has come through LOL

This is going to be a long week.....so commiserate with me ladies and gents. Did you survive the big 3-0...was it that big of a deal? Is it just some yucky rite of passage?

Happy 30th in advance! I hit 30 a few years back, and I felt no different. I did stay, shop and gamble it up in AC, though. I didn't feel like it was a big deal. It just marked the age at which I no longer considered myself a "young person."

Hey Twiggers. I hear you loud and clear! I'm about to turn 33 on Monday! 30 was very hard for me, and every birthday since has been harder. I think I'm concentrating too much on the number and it's keeping me from enjoying these birthdays! So I'm going to try to think differently about it. I think you should make your 30s the best years of your life! Lets do it together, even though I'm 3 years ahead of you...lol. Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

i turned 30 last year (so now i'm 31 ugh). i was fine fine fine until 2 weeks before and then FREAK OUT! OMG. I answered every question anyone asked me for two weeks with "i'm still in my 20s" and then the answer to whatever they asked. lol. really though, it was not a big deal. i threw myself a dinner at a nice chinese restaurants with my family and like 10 friends, had tee shirts made for everyone (very funny but a long story), and registered at target and amazon. lol. i figured, i'm not married, don't have kids, this is a big deal to me, why not. it was fun. and really i think that's what life is all about. we all get older, we should just have fun doing it!

have a great birthday twiggers! you deserve it!

When I turned 30, I just graduated from law school (and had a baby) so I was poised at the beginning of my career too. You have all good stuff in front of you.

Thank you everyone!!!

ooo: Yes...let's navigate through it together! Hubby is 41...so he says it's no big deal! And everyone in my cohort at graduate school is in their mid-20s...the only gal who is 31 has 2 kids, so our 30s are a bit different!!!

Ahhhh....maybe the prospect of a new purse will help ease the pain LOL

Happy 30th birthday in advance, Twiggers!! Your 30's will be very productive and you'll really be happier with everything about you. Life actually gets better and better!

When I turned 30 many many moons ago, I was not a happy camper at all. LOL I looked in the mirror and saw wrinkles!! My husband thought I was nuts at the time for thinking that way.

Have lots of fun on your birthday!

Mine was totally uneventful. Now that I'm 35 I'm scared of the big 4-0, but I've had women tell me that your 40s are the best years of your life. I hope so because in my 30s my life isn't all that exciting.

I remember (back in the Stone Age) getting down about my 30th birthday. After that one, they all just went by with no angst or anything.

For some reason it's a major milestone, at least for women. Happy early Birthday, Twiggers. You deserve to have a very special day!!

Thanks all!!

Yes...wrinkles...I always knew i had them when I smiled (crinkly eye corners)...but now I look in the mirror and they are there without smiling ACK. I'm already searching for anti-wrinkle creams *sigh*

Happy Early Birthday, Twiggers!

Honestly, 30 didn't bother me as much as 25! 25 was a QUARTER of a CENTURY...that freaked me out!

The only issue that I was sad about turning 30 was that I wasn't pregnant... for some reason, I always thought I'd be by my 30th birthday but I really was. I just didn't know it yet! So, looking back...30 wasn't so bad!

Happy Birthday in advance Twiggers! I don't remember feeling any different at 30, but I do know my 30's were very satisfying years. It seems like the 20's were filled with rush and trying to achieve, by the end of the 30's you are able to just enjoy your accomplishments. I am turning 52 this year and I still don't feel any different (well, as long as I don't look in the mirror), but I do often wonder how it has all gone by so quick. Enjoy your birthday Twiggers, from the interactions I have had with you I know you to be a very responsible, mature young woman who knows when to have fun! Can't wait to see the big 3 0 present! Hugs, Sarah

30?????
U R A BABY STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!
Im closer to 40 and THAT HURTS WAY MORE.....hehehe!
Just so u know....I had more FUN in my 30s than I did ALL MY LIFE....Its been an adventure...so u have great fun to look forward to!
30's RULE!

What was the line in that movie? 30, flirty and thriving!!! Do something on your 30th that you'll always remember. I went on a camel ride on a beach at sunset and it still sticks in my mind as a wonderful day, although I was totally freaked about it.