Customs on bag from Canada?

sunny07

O.G.
Sep 13, 2007
Hi there- Has anyone in the US had experience with buying from an ebayer in Canada? Are the customs charges the same as from any other foreign country? I'm eyeing a bag on ebay, but it's from Canada and I don't know if I want to deal with the custom duties. TIA!

Hi there- Has anyone in the US had experience with buying from an ebayer in Canada? Are the customs charges the same as from any other foreign country? I'm eyeing a bag on ebay, but it's from Canada and I don't know if I want to deal with the custom duties. TIA!

I know this isn't what you asked, but have you considered asking the seller if they'd undervalue or do you want it fully insured? The reason I'm asking is that I'm in Toronto, so contasntly buying from the U.S. and Canadian Customs is BRUTAL. So far, I've always had succes asking U.S. sellers to undervalue (which means that I forgo insurance and accept responsibility if anyhting were to happen). I then hold my breath until it gets here...but so far, no problem.

Thanks maggien- I know that's what a lot of people do, but I just don't know if I am willing to risk it!! I'm a chicken about this kind of stuff- I'm totally a rule follower!! :rolleyes: But thanks for the input- it's very helpful.