the SA dropping my mini-monogram jewelry case with my LV logo charm inside... (:S)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think you're being a little too over dramatic. are you sure this isn't just buyer's remorse? but go and exchange it if it bothers you too much.

btw, the sealed plastic on the jewellery is so that the gold won't oxidize or get fingerprints. they do the same in Tiffany, Cartier and Gucci.

the box will get scratches on the hardware eventually (sp?) so now you don't have to worry about it that much

the sa is just human and well..humans make mistakes and drop stuff on to the ground
since the jewelry itself is ok i don't think you should worry that much about a case

Liberté;4342060 said:
Get a hold of yourself. :s Even if you return it, and get a new one, how can you be sure that hasen't been droppe`d? Do you think they would toss the cover in the trash after you returned it? No, not at all. They would give it to the next customer. So even if you get another one you might get one that's been on the floor. If not in store, then in the factory.

Anyways, if you're not happy, then return it, it's your prerogative as a customer...

I couldn't agree with you more. :yes:

It's not the end of the world just because the SA dropped a small case. You should have spoken up as soon as it happened. So lesson learned: Speak up! :P Plus, even if it has 1 teeny scratch on it, you're not going to be using that jewelry box daily and carrying with you everywhere? If it's going to stay on your dresser, and the actual charm was unharmed, than I don't see the point in going back to return it.

If it bothers you, exchange it otherwise you'll always be reminded of it "being dropped."

I also agree with OP when exchanging. Sometimes, the SA will show you a brand new one and do an "exchange" in the back--as in another customer return. This sucks but it has happened. I once opened the box in the store after it was handed to me by the SA to check. I know that was too much but it did save me the hassle and the time of coming back.

Anyway, do whatever that gives you the peace of mind and would make you happy.

dont return it..you will eventually make more scratches on it yourself..by accident or just by daily use of opening it..just forget that she ever dropped it..and think of it as she coudlve dropped it without you seeing and you woudlve probably never noticed anything wrong with it and been totally happy.

It's just a case but if it bothers you ,exchange it ;) I would be happy if I could see that my charm came from plastic foil, at least you're sure it's brand new. It preserves from scraching during shipping from factory, I think...

I agree with what Liberté and deluxeduck said, BUT if you feel that you really *need* a brand spanking new case that hasn't been dropped (or that you didn't see being dropped) then maybe it's best to go back to the store and explain what happened to them. From your post I thought uh oh maybe the SA dropped the case , stepped on it, and pretended like nothing happened :wtf: now THAT would be bad. BUT even if you do get a new one, how do you know it hasn't been through something worse? (Like liberte said)

You have to be happy, that's the main thing! Obviously you are not and sounds like this would bother you even as time passes by. So just return it and go on to the next positive thing. Like John5 said, next time, speak up. Good luck!

Personally it wouldn't bother me. In all likelihood, the case was scratched before it was even dropped due to the inherent nature of the metal, which would have scratched in your possesion anyway. If you're unhappy with the necklace, return it, but exchanging the case because it was dropped on the carpeted floor of a luxury boutique is a bit extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.