PETA demonstrates on the Champs Elyesee

Reminds me of those horrid aborted-fetus billboards. Although there are many people who are blithely unaware of the horrors involved in the fur trade, there must be a more intelligent and less grotesque way of presenting an issue.

^Lol.

I also think they could do something less radical. I think people respond better to intelligent, thought-provoking discussions, ads, etc. rather than just in-your-face displays like this.

Ugh! Personally, I do not wear fur, but to protest like that is horrible. Like Teknerd said, it also reminds me of the abortion posters. Not anything I want my 5 and 6 your old seeing, that is for sure!

^Lol.

I also think they could do something less radical. I think people respond better to intelligent, thought-provoking discussions, ads, etc. rather than just in-your-face displays like this.

Totally agree; that is why Peta has such a negative image. Their tatics are all about shocking people.

Shock value is sometimes what it takes in order to get a point across. People love to think these animals are killed in a sweet loving way, but they are not.
I have no problem with using leather goods, the way I see it, the world eats so much beef that the skin has got to be used somehow.

But to kill animals just for their skin sickens me.

I do not wear fur (I gave away my late mother's black mink coat) but then for the shallowest of reasons: Fur adds 20 to you (20 years and 20kgs!) unless you are an 18yr old and 1m90.

I love animals but that is beside the point since I eat meat, buy leather and love foie gras.

If I were genuinely interested in the animal welfare, I would hate to have these people defending my ideas. I remember the ex wife of Paul McCartney defending PETA :Push:. Please, change your act, if you think yours is a worthwile cause. You are gaining more enemies that friends.