tPF Book Club: November book discussion post!

After reading the reviews and a little about it, this book just doesnt interest me. I cant wait to see what ya'll think of it though. Maybe you will change my mind and Ill run out and grab it lol!

i loved this book! i finished it in 2 days, just couldn't put it down. i couldn't help but contrast my life with one of the main character's life b/c we were born the same year. i also read the kite runner, which i also enjoyed, but this book i really loved.

^ it's not the type of book I'd typically be interested in either, but I figured I may as well give it a shot ;) If I don't like it I can always sell it back on Amazon, lol!
Yeah, I normally wouldn't have picked it out myself either, but it's good to broaden your horizons a little I guess. That's why the book club is such a great idea....round of applause for lamiastella!!!!:woohoo:

Thought it was very interesting, found myself counting my lucky stars I live where I do and have freedom of choice in most aspect of life...

But while I liked this, I don't think he managed to recreate the atmosphere of the The Kite Runner..that was just amazing, could almost smell Afghanistan..

Well, I finally finished my last book, an Audrey Hepburn bio...awesome woman, I strongly suggest reading up on her if you haven't already......anyway, I finally got my copy of A Thousand Splendid Suns today too, so I'm ready to start!!!