Is it just me??????

farmerswife

Miss you boy!
Jun 6, 2007
I get so angry with myself. I find a bag, think it is cute.....think..."yes, I want it." "no, I really don't". Hmmmm, "Maybe". This goes on for sometimes a few weeks, maybe even a month or so. Then when I decide, finally, "yes I want the bag!" It is NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!!! You would think I would learn after the first couple of times this has happen, but no. It happens to me often....then it becomes the one that got away! Sometimes I find it on Ebay, and sometimes not. Wouldn't it be so much easier to come to decide yes sooner and get the bag new from Coach. What is wrong with me?

I believe that you won't truly know for sure if it's the right bag unless you buy it, take it home, put all your stuff in it and take it for a test drive. Now, I know you aren't supposed to return it used, but pretend to use it like you normally would at home. They you can really see how easy it is to find your keys, get your wallet in and out, find your cellphone, etc. This way, you don't run the risk of wanting it and it's sold out, or keeping it and it's not functional for you.

Great idea, had not thought of that. I think I have also heard people say that SA's let them try it in the store. By that I mean, put their stuff in the floor display and see if it all fits, easy to get into and out of, that sort of thing. Anyone here done that before? Is it really helpful?

"Great idea, had not thought of that. I think I have also heard people say that SA's let them try it in the store. By that I mean, put their stuff in the floor display and see if it all fits, easy to get into and out of, that sort of thing. Anyone here done that before? Is it really helpful?"

YES! the SA's are helpful and are very good about letting me put my stuff in a bag or a wristlet or anything if I am not sure and want to 'check'. Then I get to prance around the store with it on my arm!! YAY!!! That is the best part! It's like playing dress up in mommy's clothes but this time you may get to keep something for yourself :biggrin:

"Great idea, had not thought of that. I think I have also heard people say that SA's let them try it in the store. By that I mean, put their stuff in the floor display and see if it all fits, easy to get into and out of, that sort of thing. Anyone here done that before? Is it really helpful?"

YES! the SA's are helpful and are very good about letting me put my stuff in a bag or a wristlet or anything if I am not sure and want to 'check'. Then I get to prance around the store with it on my arm!! YAY!!! That is the best part! It's like playing dress up in mommy's clothes but this time you may get to keep something for yourself :biggrin:

I did this with my Carly to make sure she would be big enough! :tup:

^^ Since Coach lets you try your things in the display bags I always do that before buying a new bag. (I know the display bags do end up being sold at some point). I think that is the best way to know what bag actually works for your life, if it is just pretty but does not fit everything you need to carry or it is too heavy, the way it opens is annoying etc. then it will end up on a closet shelf :smile: I loved the new Hamptons embossed satchel in that gorgeous mahogany colour but when I had all my things in it and pretended I was getting my wallet out at the store...forget it, I knew it would be a pain for me personally. Checking things out helps avoid alot of wasted money.

i too am the opposite. i grab a bag and am so excited for about 48 hours then i see something else.... not so cool for the wallet...lol...

Great idea, had not thought of that. I think I have also heard people say that SA's let them try it in the store. By that I mean, put their stuff in the floor display and see if it all fits, easy to get into and out of, that sort of thing. Anyone here done that before? Is it really helpful?

I have done this before more than once. The SA's are completley fine with you putting your stuff in the display bag to see if everything fits. Then you can get a feel for how heavy the bag will be with all your stuff and also like you said, how functional it is for you with YOUR things. DO IT! It has sealed the deal for me many times and also kept me from buying a "future return". :yes:

This happens to us all, not for purses only! I just had to do a mad search for a shoe in my size that sold out! Luckily I found them on an obscure website. In some instances our "instincts" know when something is just the right thing, whether we need it or not! I really try to not vascillate too much or get too anxious about "things." But somethings you need to jump on!

Yes! SA's will let you fill a purse with your accessories to try out. That is the greatest benefit of being able to go to a boutique (if you live near one!). Certainly less hassle than ordering and returning. And, if it happens to be a new hot it, or novelty Coach item you know it will sell quickly.