What is your best cleanser and exfoliant?

rgirl

Aug 6, 2007
I am almost done with Peter Roth cleanser and considering trying new product if there is better one? I have typical combination skin with once a month breakouts. Any favorites? TIA

WEll i never heard of Peter Roth but that sounds expensive lol..

I use the aveno skin brightening daily scrub. i have combination skin and my skin is dry of course after the exfoliants from the scrub but you always have to moisturize afterwards anyway and after i moisturize i dont have a problem with dryness. you can get it at target for about $5-6...i have really sensitive skin and this doesn't break me out AT ALL and i definately see my skin getting brighter and i've been using it for about 3 weeks. i swtiched from mary kay cleanser & even tried the EXPENSIVE brands from saks (forgot the name! lol) and i noticed that it gave me more buildup on my skin...aveno does it for me w/out irritating & breaking it out =) sorry if i couldnt be of any more help...

My skin is the same as yours.
Fav cleanser - Philosophy Purity made simple
Fav exfoliant - Lancome Pure Focus (use it twice a week ) and Mario Badescu Strawberry Face Scrub(use it daily). HTH!

Favorite Cleanser- Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash... a friend of mine introduced me to this product, and it is the best I've tried so far. I do also like Philosophy's Purity one, but I prefer this one a little bit more.

I've mentioned this before because I love it - Neutrogenia fresh foaming cleanser! I love a cleanser that foams up, its non-drying and gentle enough to put over eyes to remove eye makeup. My second is by Yonka, the gel cleanser but its about $27 so I been sticking with the neutrogenia. This is one product that I buy over and over again.

This is a little off topic, but have you guys tried doing homemade cleansers/exfoliants? I love them! They're always so fun to do once in awhile. :smile:

I've done one with aspirin (orange chewable flavored) and honey, and another with vitamin e oil, honey, and sugar. :P Your face looks funny, but it smells good.

my entire skincare collection is now by Mario Badescu, and it's the best i've used so far. i use the Glycolic Cleanser and Honey Scrub (exfoliant)

my entire skincare collection is now by Mario Badescu, and it's the best i've used so far. i use the Glycolic Cleanser and Honey Scrub (exfoliant)

I've never heard of this brand before. How do you like it? I assume from your avatar that you're Asian. As am I. I have that typical oily but dry skin that most Asian ladies have.

Maybe I'll try some:biggrin: A lot of cleaners are too harsh.

^You may want to try La Roche-Posay. I'm Asian with combination skin (thank god for those blotting papers!) and I rely on this line of skin care. Try the Toriane line. Everything is formulated with sensitive skin in mind, and the prices are pretty good too. $20 for the foaming cleanser, and they have moisturizers, toners, and eye makeup remover (individually packaged for daily use).

I've never heard of this brand before. How do you like it? I assume from your avatar that you're Asian. As am I. I have that typical oily but dry skin that most Asian ladies have.

Maybe I'll try some:biggrin: A lot of cleaners are too harsh.

as i said, it's the best line i've used so far, and this is coming from someone who's tried Proactiv before :lol:. i didn't really like Proactiv though, because it dried my skin out even worse than Accutane did

Due to this thread I just ordered some Mario Badescu lol I really like their scrubs because they smell nice although I don't remember how good it works, I remember it smelled good.
My favorite rougher exfoliant is St Ives Medicated because it's great for acne. I also like Aveeno scrub pads in the tub a cleanser and scrub in one. One of the best scrubs though is the cheap aspirin mask. Unfortanately I'm too lazy to make it up all the time but I've seen the best results with the aspirin mask but as soon as you stop you're skin goes back to normal.

For a cleanser I use jojoba oil in the winter to take all the makeup off and follow with a cleanser. I haven't found my regular HG cleanser yet however but jojoba is the best cheap makeup remover. My bathroom is crammed with a variety of cleansers and scrubs.

Just wanted to add there's a discount code for Mario Badescu till Nov 2nd only lol [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MB7283 I think it expires today? Not sure though
[/FONT]

Cleanser: Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel. (does what it does, without making my skin dry at all)

Exfoliant: Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant. (this is the best. it's got AHA and whatnot..no abrasive scubs at all!)