Man-made materials?

I prefer not to buy shoes from man-made materials, especially when it comes to boots, flats, and other closed-toe shoes. The only reason is because they are uncomfortable, do not stretch out well, and don't last as long as genuine leather.

if it's a man-made sole, I prefer it, since it doesn't get ruined by rain/bad weather easily. But when it comes to upper, I only buy leather. I can only accept man-made upper if it's a strappy sandal.

Ok. Good points. It's just that I was thinking about buying some boots for half the price of leather ones (just to try the size out). I just can't see myself spending that kind of money on faux leather though. :girlsigh:

Personally not opposed to man-made materials, but it's a no-go if it smells like chemical. Some up-scale man-made materials do not smell like chemical, and the design is fabulous. I wore some of them when I used to be a strict vegan. However, they don't really have lasting power. They don't store well and become unwearable after one season.

I agree with everyone. I got some man made material heels because they were soooo cute. They are terrible, so uncomfortable and make me so tired everytime I wear them so I dont wear them anymore.

The closest I get to man-made materials are my crocs and my rainboots.

Yeah, at least my crocs can breathe, and they sometimes need to!! But they are great when I'm refinishing furniture on a hard concrete floor. Much easier on my back. But other than that, I try and stay away from stores that smell like plastics at the door!

(Although I confess to making the occassional Payless forage when I'm back in The New World, for a summer colour sandal hit!):lol:

Yeah, at least my crocs can breathe, and they sometimes need to!! But they are great when I'm refinishing furniture on a hard concrete floor. Much easier on my back. But other than that, I try and stay away from stores that smell like plastics at the door!

(Although I confess to making the occassional Payless forage when I'm back in The New World, for a summer colour sandal hit!):lol:

Oh yeah, and sandals. I don't really think twice about wearing my Havaianas. They're so darned comfy.

no. for all the reasons stated above and also because fake leather will never look half as nice as real, even if they are designer. the only man-made shoes i wear are rainboots and textile shoes.