Jimmy Choo I need some advice with regard to my Electric Blue Mahala....

ilove2shop

O.G.
Jun 17, 2006
Okay - so I never had a JC bag until this summer and I have jumped in with both feet! :woohoo:Love the choo bags.... I absolutely love the Mahala! I have two; :shame: liquid patent cognac and electric blue. (Also have a Ruse which started the whole obsession!) I was in a dilema earlier about which to keep, and my wise friends here suggested I keep both - the enablers you are! (Which of course I too am guilty of...) Grateful I am that I did keep both because I have really enjoyed them. Anyway - I have been using my blue and get compliments on it every where I go; but do you guys think it will still be as coveted a color come next spring/summer? I of course, am lusting after something from the Cruise collection, but wouldn't be able to get it without making a sacrafice. Do you think it is something I should hold on too, or do you see it as a bit of a trendy "of the moment" kind of bag? As always - I turn to you guys for some much needed input! Thanks in advance... :flowers:

ilove2shop - OK, what from the Cruise line has your name on it???

I would have a tough time giving up an electric blue Mahala. :nogood: I have that one in a Maddy, the color is :drool: .

Blue does not seem a trendy color, like orange or yellow. IMHO, blue will always be a color that is worn. So, I cannot advise you to give it up.

^^
Well.... I am really an earthtone girl at heart and I think I am smitten (so you might not be the only 'granny' here when I use words like smitten:lol:) with a new mahala color called "Sand Shiny Calf Leather". My SA just sent me a photo this evening and its screaming my name! I absolutely love it, but I know I am not alone when I say I really can't get another without giving up something I already have. (plus... I am embarrassed to say there might be another big purchase in the near future for me:shrugs: :shame:smile: There is just no way I can have them all.

That's one reason I didn't keep the blue bags (Marin & Ramona) I had. I thought if I wanted to get the most for my Marin...I better well it while it was still hot! But like Jburgh says, this color bag will probably always be hot!

ilove2shop, quite a dilemma. The Electric Blue is so cool, definitely a keeper, but then again, Sand Mahala....If there's a Sand Maddy, that will probably be my next purchase.

The electric blue is nice, but There are some gorgeous new colors and styles coming out - I'd sell it.

...check out the thread Robyn posted of some of the new styles. There's some beauties in there:nuts:

Okay - so I never had a JC bag until this summer and I have jumped in with both feet! :woohoo:Love the choo bags.... I absolutely love the Mahala! I have two; :shame: liquid patent cognac and electric blue. (Also have a Ruse which started the whole obsession!) I was in a dilema earlier about which to keep, and my wise friends here suggested I keep both - the enablers you are! (Which of course I too am guilty of...) Grateful I am that I did keep both because I have really enjoyed them. Anyway - I have been using my blue and get compliments on it every where I go; but do you guys think it will still be as coveted a color come next spring/summer? I of course, am lusting after something from the Cruise collection, but wouldn't be able to get it without making a sacrafice. Do you think it is something I should hold on too, or do you see it as a bit of a trendy "of the moment" kind of bag? As always - I turn to you guys for some much needed input! Thanks in advance... :flowers:

Hey, U sure u want to sell off your Electric Blue???!! I'm lusting over it and still am! :nuts:Though the new cruise collection is round the corner but I have a thing for any bags that's blue and purple now. In fact I'm thinking of ordering the purple but if u r seriously letting go, I am seriously getting yours!:yahoo:

I too have the electric blue Mahala and will not be selling mine--ever! I love this bag; it makes me feel special everytime I take it out. And part of what makes it special is the vibrance of the color. I shop at J.Crew and I don't wear jewelry (I know, I know...just don't like it); this bag is my accessory and gives my look that extra pop. I don't care what other people think regarding in style/out of style. This bag will stay on my arm for years to come. As far as non-neutral colors go I think you are safe with blue, red, and aubergine.

I have the EB mahala as well and I'm still madly in love with it! I think that the color will still look fresh in the S/S since other designers are heavily featuring this bright blue in their collection. For example, Balenciaga has an electric blue color in the S/S bag collection, which suggests the color is still very current.

I wanted to mention something regarding the staying power of bright blue bags. This Cruise season, there is a Neon Blue liquid patent Choo coming out. And, Balenciaga just came out with an electric blue chevre leather. So, I'd keep it! and I'd keep the Cognac LP, too.