Kooba Marcelle

Remington, it's authentic.

A tip for the future.... it's a good idea to check out the 'Authentic Kooba Finds' thread first, this bag is listed there. Also, if you want something authenticated, use the 'Authenticate this Kooba' thread.

Nunnla is probably the best person to answer your question re the broken lace, since she had the same problem repaired on a black Marcelle she recently bought. I think it turned out quite a cheap fix. As for price, $250 wouldn't be bad for a second hand black Marcelle if it only costs a few dollars to fix the lace.

Mini...do you think the broken leather string would be fixable and do you think the price is too high?
I purchased a black Marcelle about two months ago that had a broken lace on one of the side pockets. Otherwise, it was in perfect condition. I took it to a shoe repair place. When we untied the lace, we found the end that was broken to be completely intact. He was able to open up the side seam, put the broken lace back inside and resew it. Then, threaded it back through the grommets and retied the lace. Good as new and cost only $4. Only drawback is that like a typical man, he used white thread instead of a tan color to match the ultrasuede interior so you see the white stitches inside. But it doesn't look too bad and the only person who will see it is me. So, it the broken end broke at the seam, and you've got the entire piece still tied in the knot, it can easily be fixed. If it broke close to the knot, you're probably SOL. I would ask the seller.

Mini...do you think the broken leather string would be fixable and do you think the price is too high?
I purchased a black Marcelle about two months ago that had a broken lace on one of the side pockets. Otherwise, it was in perfect condition. I took it to a shoe repair place. When we untied the lace, we found the end that was broken to be completely intact. He was able to open up the side seam, put the broken lace back inside and resew it. Then, threaded it back through the grommets and retied the lace. Good as new and cost only $4. Only drawback is that like a typical man, he used white thread instead of a tan color to match the ultrasuede interior so you see the white stitches inside. But it doesn't look too bad and the only person who will see it is me. So, it the broken end broke at the seam, and you've got the entire piece still tied in the knot, it can easily be fixed. If it broke close to the knot, you're probably SOL. I would ask the seller.

Thanks so much. I did bid on the bag and after I did, I realized that the seller probably put in the first bid under another name just to get the ball rolling since the "buyer" had 0 buy/sell history. Oh well...I just love the bag...can you blame me?
I will ask about where the break is. I suppose if it is "mid lace" I will have to figure something out that doesn't show too much.
Again, you are really kind to help me. I decided I liked the Marcelle better than the Sienna...leather is a bit smoother.