What do you think of a round bed, cool or tacky? help me buy a bed!

jackie100

O.G.
Jan 17, 2007
I think the round bed is really cool. Might be a pain to find sheets for though. I recall seeing a round bed years ago as I kid and I wanted it so badly. You'd have to have the right kind of place for it though.

Would you be able to buy sheets for a round bed easily? It looks cool but I'm too practical to buy a round bed. I want to get a Tempur-Pedic bed soon - my current mattress is over 10 yrs old.

I think the round bed is really cool. Might be a pain to find sheets for though. I recall seeing a round bed years ago as I kid and I wanted it so badly. You'd have to have the right kind of place for it though.

What kind of place would be right for a bed like that? I have the space in my bedroom, but other than that, should it be decorated in a certain way to go with the bed?

I'm terrible at decorating so just wondering :smile:

I'm not really sure. I'm thinking it might look cute in my bedroom if I just put it smack in the middle of the room and had the right kind of bedding on it. I would think you'd just need enough room and it should just look right. But I'm not that great at decorating either to be honest. You also might want to keep in mind that it may look cute but not be that great to sleep on, and sleeping on the wrong kind of mattress can be horrible for your back.

I'm not really sure. I'm thinking it might look cute in my bedroom if I just put it smack in the middle of the room and had the right kind of bedding on it. I would think you'd just need enough room and it should just look right. But I'm not that great at decorating either to be honest. You also might want to keep in mind that it may look cute but not be that great to sleep on, and sleeping on the wrong kind of mattress can be horrible for your back.

That's definitely true about the mattress, that's why I'm a bit hesitant. I layed on the bed in the store and it was pretty comfy and also got good reviews on-line but I'm not sure about the long term affects of sleeping on such a bed either...

that shape is not for me:nogood:
If I'd have bought that when I was younger, it would never have lasted after all my moves and style changes.
Sounds cool and like a novelty, but it would get old to me personally.

It's definitely not my style but it could be fun in a guest room.

Sleeping low to the ground was something I did in HS and LOVED it! I just had the box spring and the mattress on the floor. I'm a lot older now and like the look of bedroom furniture.

that shape is not for me:nogood:
If I'd have bought that when I was younger, it would never have lasted after all my moves and style changes.
Sounds cool and like a novelty, but it would get old to me personally.

Swanky makes some good points. Plus...when I saw this myself at Ikea....it seemed to me that there was a lot of wasted space. On a conventially shaped bed...you can sleep anywhere from one side to the other (I toss and turn a lot! LOL), but on the round bed, you'd prettiy much have to stay in the middle.

Just thought of something else...wouldn't it be a pain to make? You don't have a corner to secure/hold the fitted sheet as you pull it across the bed. KWIM?

seems like it would be difficult to sleep more than one person on it at a time (if you're into that sort of thing). though ikea sells sheets for them, personally i am into sheets and i wouldn't want to be limited to buying mine from ikea, but if you like their sheets then obviously that isn't a problem.

It's kind of cool, but when I think of round beds I picture leopard satin sheets, a slowly rotating bed, and Marvin Gaye's Let's Get it On playing over and over again.

I don't think it would be that practical.

It's kind of cool, but when I think of round beds I picture leopard satin sheets, a slowly rotating bed, and Marvin Gaye's Let's Get it On playing over and over again.

I don't think it would be that practical.

Lol! Unfortunately the bed doesn't rotate, it would be cool though. Supposedly there was a round bed also in The Spy Who Loved Me or some other James Bond flick.

I kinda want a sexy bed though. I guess round beds are sexy cause you're picturing "Let's Get It On" :lol:

Also, I'm single and I don't know if I am able to find a guy anytime soon (trust me, I'm trying) so I'll be sleeping solo for a long time.

My friend had a round bed about 18 years ago. She bought the model furniture that came in the studio apt. she purchases and she loved the bed. It worked well in her small space. The only thing is that her bed was a custom piece of furniture and had really good quality mattresses and did not look anything like the IKEA bed. I think that a bed that has pieces under the mattress might not offer you the right support. The mattress topper on the IKEA bed does not look very high---so I really don't know how sleeping on that bed would be. Now if you found places that sold round mattresses just like a regular bed that would give you more support. If you really love it and you feel it would work in your room I say go for it.