Solicited via eBay to buy Kooba

KoobaMe

Hardware Junkie
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
Well, here's a new one on me-

Just received a message from an ebayer (1 year, 7 feedback) who contacted me via one of my bag listings to tell me the following:

"[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I actually am looking to sell a Brand new Kooba Nicole bag in rose. Got it at a sample sale for 350 and will sell at that price. In manhattan. Pls let me know if interested."

That's the entirety of the message. Anyone else get one of these?
[/FONT]

what was the seller ID??

Well, here's a new one on me-

Just received a message from an ebayer (1 year, 7 feedback) who contacted me via one of my bag listings to tell me the following:

"[FONT=Arial, Verdana]I actually am looking to sell a Brand new Kooba Nicole bag in rose. Got it at a sample sale for 350 and will sell at that price. In manhattan. Pls let me know if interested."

That's the entirety of the message. Anyone else get one of these?
[/FONT]

I've never come across that sales technique before. They could get themselves into trouble with eBay if they're not careful. I wouldn't take that sort of a risk if I were them.

And the no shipping is a new one to me..why on earth can't she send it, even if it's only to the US..?

She's taking a huge risk emailing you about trading outside Ebay, KoobaMe, one person did that to me once, to find out whether I would keep the shoes I had bought (wanted them for his girlfriend, or so he said..) Next thing I know, he's a got himself kicked off altogether..

That person contacted me too! I told them to list it.
And now it is listed

I did the same as you and what maggie7 stated re: risk and told them they could be reported, etc. Funny on the no shipping. What were they going to do if Haute or I bought it? That requires shipping. Just odd all the way around. Is it any wonder that many sellers, my self included, now require those with less than a certain amount of established positive feedback e-mail them first?