Beauty or Comfort?

Brandless

O.G.
Jun 9, 2007
I'm sure you have been in a situation where you had to choose between between a Coach bag that is really beautiful but heavy and a lightweight one that is simpler and less stunning. Just curious, which often wins in the end--beauty or comfort? For me, there were times when comfort prevailed but I was dissatisfied and still kept on pining for the one I didn't get.

It is never ever about comfort for me...case in point...I own the Lily, the Miranda, and the Mandy...all very heavy bags. I also own the legacy slim tote, Ali, and legacy '06 satchel...none of these bags are very light...But to me, a bag has to take my breath away or I won't buy it. So beauty over comfort every time for me! I think I just fall so deeply in love with my bags that I tend to "overlook" the fact that they are probably ruining my posture! :rolleyes:

I've bought for both, but the ones I tend to keep end up being the more comfortable ones. I really love my legacy bags but don't always use them as everyday bags--I pick up my tylies or my ergo bags for that.

I still buy bags that are beautiful but I also want to use them as much as possible so I have 'everyday' bags (comfort) and LOVE IT bags (legacy).

I do think my large embossed carryall fits both categories!

I would say BOTH!!! I just bought the chocolate leather Carly and when I take her shopping for long periods of time she does start to feel heavy and she slips off my shoulder alot! But I LOVE LOVE LOVE her, and I think in the cold winter w/ my heavy winter coat she wont slip off as much!!!! Yesterday I bought the chocolate signature ERGO hobo b/c she is LIGHTWEIGHT and cute, yet functional enough for everyday use, no matter where I go or what I am doing! I think it's great to have bags you love, even if they are heavy and you cant wear them everyday, but you also need a bag that is lightweight and functional!!! GREAT thread!!! And I LOVE your new belted ERGO!!! That bag ROCKS!!!! Great pick, Brandless!!! :tup:

I used to buy for beauty, but my back started hurting so badly that I had to stop carrying the heavy bags and switch to smaller, lightweight ones. Now, whenever I'm tempted to get a heavy bag, I stop and remind myself that it's not work crippling myself to look beautiful - I do that enough with my shoes!!!

I say both, but I think that in the long run comfort is more important. For me, if it's uncomfortable I won't use it that often, and then it's just a waste of money to buy something I don't use.

Comfortable that is why I picked the hampton over the ergo. The ergo did not feel right while the hampton is so lightweight I forget that I even have a purse on. I love that feeling.

I would say BOTH!!! I just bought the chocolate leather Carly and when I take her shopping for long periods of time she does start to feel heavy and she slips off my shoulder alot! But I LOVE LOVE LOVE her, and I think in the cold winter w/ my heavy winter coat she wont slip off as much!!!! Yesterday I bought the chocolate signature ERGO hobo b/c she is LIGHTWEIGHT and cute, yet functional enough for everyday use, no matter where I go or what I am doing! I think it's great to have bags you love, even if they are heavy and you cant wear them everyday, but you also need a bag that is lightweight and functional!!! GREAT thread!!! And I LOVE your new belted ERGO!!! That bag ROCKS!!!! Great pick, Brandless!!! :tup:

Thanks Mommyville! Unfortunately, I think I will only be able to get a lot of use from it once I start wearing fall and winter jackets. Like your Carly, the straps tend to slip off my shoulders. I tried the bag on with a jacket on and I had no problem with the straps at all. I don't blame you for seeking out an Ergo hobo.

Thanks Mommyville! Unfortunately, I think I will only be able to get a lot of use from it once I start wearing fall and winter jackets. Like your Carly, the straps tend to slip off my shoulders. I tried the bag on with a jacket on and I had no problem with the straps at all. I don't blame you for seeking out an Ergo hobo.
Thanks, Brandless! I am hoping that once I start wearing my winter jackets that Carly wont fall off my shoulder sooooo much too!!! The good thing about the Ergo hobo is that I can wear her w/ or w/o a coat and she doesnt fall off my shoulder AT ALL!!! And I forget she is ON my shoulder, which is a plus to me!!! It was funny today b/c I went shopping and kept checking to make sure someone didnt steal her off of me b/c I didnt feel her on my shoulder!!!!! LOLOL :roflmfao: