Losing money on my refund!!! !#@%!!! CDN girls, beware!

azia

Aug 27, 2006
So I purchased from let-trade and received the wrong bag. Because they're in Hong Kong the whole process between me paying for the bag in the beginning to them refunding me in the end took more than 2 weeks.

I received my refund today. Originally I had paid $713CDN equivalent in US dollars. Today when I got the refund it as $669CDN!! I lost $44 just due to currency difference! I e-mailed them asking if they could refund me this difference. Even though currency rates are out of their hands, the mistake was theirs (fortunately they refunded my shipping, but considering my time/travel and packaging, I still lost out). Hopefully they will agree to refund it.

But this is just to tell you guys, be careful!! If you're doing a big purchase and end up having to get a refund back, take a closer look at the money you actually do get back.

Hi there, yes you do make a loss on refunds. I recently bought a bag from alovely lady. I loved the bag but one of the hinges was slightly broken and she was horrified she hadnt noticed so she paypalled me a refund plus ten pounds to cover my postage but i still ended up with less because of paypal charges. I didnt say anything because i was just happy she was so understanding and it is not her fault we pay those charges. And she must have paid them too when she received the payment from me. Has anyone else had this problem??

she paypalled me a refund plus ten pounds to cover my postage but i still ended up with less because of paypal charges. I didnt say anything because i was just happy she was so understanding and it is not her fault we pay those charges. And she must have paid them too when she received the payment from me. Has anyone else had this problem??

if it was a refund, then there are no paypal fees associated with it. however, the additional ten pounds would be charged. i hope the seller you bought your item from issued a refund through the original transaction page instead of sending you another payment....

Let-Trade is AWESOME. They just refunded me the difference. Thank god this whole transaction was with them and not a less established/reputable seller who wouldn't/couldn't cover this.

But yeah, just a heads up to people doing transactions during this time of crazy US/CDN exchange rates. Be extra careful the transaction is right the first time around.

I think my seller just paid me back the amount rather than refunding the transaction. In any case I was pleased she agreed, it was an expensive bag and it would have been awful if she had refused. lol

It's not just that rates go up and down, the buy rate is different to the sell rate and if you have a very strong or very weak currency the difference can be big.

I lost alot more than that returning an item to GB from the US. Then when I bought another bag from the same seller, the currency rate was even worse, so I ended up losing like $200. Argh!