Chanel in Dublin

jen2586

Mar 24, 2007
hi ladies! just wondering whether anyone would know the approximate prices of chanel bags from the chanel sector in brown thomas, dublin?
i'll be there over christmas, including boxing day sales (but chanel doesn't go on sale right?)... does anyone have any suggestions, comments about shopping at brown thomas, for chanel and non-chanel items??
thanks. really appreciate the help :smile: :heart::heart:

hi ladies! just wondering whether anyone would know the approximate prices of chanel bags from the chanel sector in brown thomas, dublin?
i'll be there over christmas, including boxing day sales (but chanel doesn't go on sale right?)... does anyone have any suggestions, comments about shopping at brown thomas, for chanel and non-chanel items??
thanks. really appreciate the help :smile: :heart::heart:

Thats too funny..I live in LA but happen to be on a Europe trip (right now in London) but spent the weekend in Dublin. By the way the Westbury Hotel was really nice and right down the street from Brown Thomas. I looked at the Chanels while there. They had a pretty nice selection the first day, but when I went back the next day almost everything was gone! I priced the evening clutch (with the silver c's clasp on top) in the lambskin black. In the united states its $1125 dollars. At Brown Thomas it was 890 euros. You do get the VAT tax back at the airport, and I think its about 17 or more percent. Here in London the same clutch was 605 pounds (with 17 plus percent VAT back at airport.) If I did my math right, which is questionable;) .....If I get the bag here in london it comes out to $1004 us dollars, so its a little savings for me to get a style that may be hard to find back home. I did get Chanel sunglasses (and my fiancee forgot to get the VAT at the airport:Push:smile: but I dont care because I love them. They are black with the double c's on the side in rectangular/baguette shaped rinestones. My receipt says 295.00 euros...exchange rate of 1.4735, $434.68 US dollars....the bottom of the reciept says 21% tax, but they told me it was 17%.

I hope this helps you some and gives you an idea of what you might find. I did get parfum, but only because its not sold in the US. The store did have LOTS of purses, gucci (that selection was poor) LV (that selection was excellent). Good luck. If I were you, I'd call them before my trip and ask for a specifc bag and get the price and have them hold it for you (they were very generous about holding purses).

thanks so much shoedivas
that was wonderful and really helpful. i will call them before i get them and get them to hold :smile:
and yes, the westbury hotel is beautiful! :heart:

Thats too funny..I live in LA but happen to be on a Europe trip (right now in London) but spent the weekend in Dublin. By the way the Westbury Hotel was really nice and right down the street from Brown Thomas. I looked at the Chanels while there. They had a pretty nice selection the first day, but when I went back the next day almost everything was gone! I priced the evening clutch (with the silver c's clasp on top) in the lambskin black. In the united states its $1125 dollars. At Brown Thomas it was 890 euros. You do get the VAT tax back at the airport, and I think its about 17 or more percent. Here in London the same clutch was 605 pounds (with 17 plus percent VAT back at airport.) If I did my math right, which is questionable;) .....If I get the bag here in london it comes out to $1004 us dollars, so its a little savings for me to get a style that may be hard to find back home. I did get Chanel sunglasses (and my fiancee forgot to get the VAT at the airport:Push:smile: but I dont care because I love them. They are black with the double c's on the side in rectangular/baguette shaped rinestones. My receipt says 295.00 euros...exchange rate of 1.4735, $434.68 US dollars....the bottom of the reciept says 21% tax, but they told me it was 17%.

I hope this helps you some and gives you an idea of what you might find. I did get parfum, but only because its not sold in the US. The store did have LOTS of purses, gucci (that selection was poor) LV (that selection was excellent). Good luck. If I were you, I'd call them before my trip and ask for a specifc bag and get the price and have them hold it for you (they were very generous about holding purses).

hi everyone,:yahoo:
excited as just got 2nd maxi,in ivory colour from chanel at brown thomas dublin,SA linda who really went out of her way for me,and located maxi in italy,is sending it to me tomorrow.she told me to tell you all,she has a rainbow variations of all the classic's and seasonal bags,and has maxi,she will ship to where ever you are in the world,and is very happy to help you all.they are all very friendly there.so i hope she can help all you.0035316056799:tup:

,thank you pepperblusch ,yes i got it,at last.its 1970 euros,plus 76 euro's ups shipping,shes totaly wonderfull,and kept phoning me,to keep me informed,no trouble is too much,she'll get my custom from now on,for the money we spend,she gives customer service like it should be,im sooooooo happy,im getting fuschia from her as well,launches on 14 0r 15 march

Hi ladies, i just called the chanel boutique at brown thomas and the SA (not Linda) informed me that they do not do international orders anymore except to UK. :confused1: It seemed that no chanel boutique is willing to ship to Asia nowadays...sigh

just spoke to linda,you need to speak to her,and she can tell you wheather she can ship to you or not,she will ship to nearly all countrys except a few,she's the manager but she will ship abroad,it just depends where,as cc over phone,not all excepted,i know for las vegas chanel had to phone my cc up,they then phoned me,she said now,she cant ship to asia,but if you phone her,she will go case by case,shes there now

Last edited:
hi kirkcaldy, thanx for posting this.. does the store has the fushia & blue in medium? thanx..

shes getting fuschia next week,you need to phone straight away to make sure you get one put aside for you,manager is there now,told me today,ill get mine next week or week after,didnt ask about blue denim,as waiting for pre fall colour information on maxi's,plus im suppose to be working:roflmfao: