BB Cream (Blemish Balm)? Anyone know anything about these products?

siworae

O.G.
Jul 20, 2006
I know BB cream aka Blemish Balm cream are popular in Asia, especially in Korea... many Korean celebs use this... no wonder their skin appears so smooth and flawless, even when they are supposedly wearing "no makeup."

Anyone know of which brands, or even where I can find any in the U.S.?

Never heard of this BB cream. I am curious as what this product can do.

Don't instantly believe that flawless skin of those celebs are the result of 1 product. Many celebs have quite a high regime of skincare routine that they follow to achieve that flawless/smooth skin. To say that BB cream is responsible for that perfection is only what the manufacturer wants you to believe.

Actually, I believe the Blemish Balm (BB Cream) originated from Germany. (Others, pls correct me if I am wrong).
It's kind of like tinted moisturizers. The main differences are: BB cream treats pimples. BB cream has thicker consistency so it conceals skin tone imperfections better than tinted moisturizers.
I have a jar of BB cream I got as a present from my mom. It is made in Germany, not sure about the company name. It does heal pimples, but very slowly though. Certainly not at the rate like drying lotion stuff from Sonia Dakar or Mario Badescu!

My mom has the BB cream which i share with my mom. It is made in Germany but is sold in many many asian. mostly korean cosmetic places. ( i live in california btw) It's quite pricey i believe for a jar . it comes in one color also i think...?

anyways, i LOVE IT. the BB cream is my base, foundation, balm, pimple healing ,ALL IN ONE! you only use a pea size amount so it lasts quite awhile. after i waer bb cream, i just dust my face with finishing powder and blush and thats it. my skin looks flawless and clean. btw, i have combo skin nc30 in mac.
hope that helped!

I've seen some on eBay, but a very limited selection (brands like BRTC, Missha, The Skin Food). I know some popular brands in Korea right now are those, plus Dr. Jart and a german brand (I think it's called Schmrank? or something like that). I came across a website (lunabeauty.com) that has a bunch of different brands of BB cream.

Personally I think that a lot of people think too much of it, like it's a miracle cream. But really it's just a bunch of different skincare products in one cream, and it's certainly not a be-all end-all treatment for everyone.

But I'd like to try it nonetheless, just to see how it is :smile:

yea BB creams are the 'in' thing now. so far the stuff from Skin Food is not bad. i've tried their version of the BB Cream -and it was really good. the SA told me i don't need moisturizer ,but nevertheless i still put it on after my daily face regime.

i've tried a few but haven't really been impressed. the color selection usually isn't that great, plus they're too thick/heavy for me compared to my super-light moisturizers, and didn't really help with my breakouts.

I bought one cause I just had to have one but the color collections suck! im really tanned and all the colors are really light, I had to either mix it with a little foundation or sometimes I wld buff a layer of EM over it.

bb cream has great coverage, can conceal some of my marks and redness...thus i can skip the concealer...however, they usually come in relatively fair shades. it's ok for fair asians cuz the bb cream will settle down to something close to your natural skin colour after a while...hence, the no-makeup look ;)

you can get them from ebay or softpeachy as someone already posted above
also, if you're interested in trying missha's bbcream they now have a US webstore (just opened a few weeks ago)

i use skinfood, missha and dr jart

skinfood's aloe bbcream smells really nice
i find that missha has really nice coverage
and dr jart's black label goes best with my skin

i want to try lioel or w/e that white and pink one is b/c i've heard a lot of good things about it and the packaging is just so cute!! :smile: