Jodi Picoult

Apr 12, 2006
Does anyone else on here read Jodi Picoult books? I discovered her books by accident and now I've read four of them in two weeks. They are absolutely phenomenal. I can barely put them down once I get started on them. I would love to discuss some of her books with other people on here who have read them.

I just finished Nineteen minutes yesterday.

I have read my Sister's Keeper. I think that one was my favorite so far. The ending just...blew me away. I sat there for two minutes with my mouth hanging open in shock.

every time I have a long plane ride I take one of her books along as I know I'll just read it from cover to cover and the time will fly.

I've read:

my sister's keeper
vanishing acts
the pact (I had to stop reading at some points to just take deep breaths, it was intense)
keeping faith

So far I've only read My Sisters Keeper and it was brilliant. Her other books blubs haven't really grabbed me though, anyone able to recommend which one I should read next?

Joey, I am in the same situation! I read My Sister's Keeper and was absolutely blown away. I started crying through certain sections of the book, and when I reached the end, I was bawling. I went to the bookstore to look at other books by her, but wasn't so drawn in to the other ones after reading the blurb.
I googled her right after finishing My Sister's Keeper and found that it was going to be made into a movie -- I'm a little hesitant, though. I hope the movie can be just as good as the book.

Have you guys seen that one movie? It's about an Amish girl who is accused of murdering her baby. I think it was also a book by Jodi Picoult, and was turned into a lifetime movie.

Jodi's my favourite author.. I especially love her style of writing and the fact that all her stories really get you thinking. Her books are amazing :heart:

The first one I ever read of hers was 'The Pact' and now I have them all! I'm really looking forward to her new book too, it's called Change of Heart :upsidedown:

I am a big fan. I picked up her book My Sisters Keeper a few years ago just browsing through the book store. I have also read Tenth Circle and The Pact. Do a search through the threads and her name will come up a lot.