Is it true that there are no more podium orders?

luv2shophandbag

Shallow & Obsessed
Feb 5, 2007
I asked about placing an order when the next podium meets, and was told that Hermes is not taking any orders. I could tell my SA what styles/colors I am interested in and she would relay that to her manager, and he could take that into consideration when he orders, but there are no orders being accepted. Can it be true? Or are they restricting PO's for VIP's?

Thought I'd add to this thread, and give a bit of a perspective to how things are done differently in Asia. Not all stores entertain podium orders. What I mean by that is that the store managers typically place "store" orders, stuff that THEY think will move (combos with great sales track record), and this is irrespective of customer's requests. Buying trips are all about making good business decisions. The buyers must make sure whatever they buy, gets sold, so their stores can be ranked high in the league table. POs are therefore also very controlled .... and only offered to regular customers, whom the stores know that the customers will definitely buy what they order. Customers who had in the past, placed POs and yet not bought what they ordered ... well, they are ..... frown upon. So it's not like anyone can walk in a H store in Asia and say "I want a Kelly/Birkin in this colour, this leather, this hardware'. Sorry, it's just not like that.

I asked about placing an order when the next podium meets, and was told that Hermes is not taking any orders. I could tell my SA what styles/colors I am interested in and she would relay that to her manager, and he could take that into consideration when he orders, but there are no orders being accepted. Can it be true? Or are they restricting PO's for VIP's?

I was told the same thing at the N alaska store. I didn't ask at the S Alaska store. I got the impression that this policy was unique to N Alaska.:tdown:

Thought I'd add to this thread, and give a bit of a perspective to how things are done differently in Asia. Not all stores entertain podium orders. What I mean by that is that the store managers typically place "store" orders, stuff that THEY think will move (combos with great sales track record), and this is irrespective of customer's requests. Buying trips are all about making good business decisions. The buyers must make sure whatever they buy, gets sold, so their stores can be ranked high in the league table. POs are therefore also very controlled .... and only offered to regular customers, whom the stores know that the customers will definitely buy what they order. Customers who had in the past, placed POs and yet not bought what they ordered ... well, they are ..... frown upon. So it's not like anyone can walk in a H store in Asia and say "I want a Kelly/Birkin in this colour, this leather, this hardware'. Sorry, it's just not like that.
'
It's not just Asia - it's exactly the same here, too.

MrsS: In the other thread referenced above, you mentioned being a good customer gets you the opportunity to place a SO. What makes one a good customer? Do you think it varies by store or continent? Your explanation of the PO practice sounds exactly like what I was told in lower Alaska on Thursday. In Upper Alaska, I wasn't even given that much of an explanation--just told they no longer take orders. :sad: