Help. Can twilly's be drycleaned?

Luccibag

O.G.
May 11, 2006
I just took my black/white bolduc twilly to the dry cleaner (it says dry clean only) but my dry cleaner said he cant do it. The print would get damaged. Has anyone ever had their twilly dry cleaned? How about a bolduc twilly? Help. TIA.

^^ Handwashing the silk scarves is actually better if done properly. The chemicals in the dry cleaning process can actually do more harm than good to the silk over time.

I really only resort to dry cleaners if a scarf has a lot of icky to it. Normally I use cold water on them, and a special silk wash made for delicates. The only expception are the cashmere/silk blends because I'm not that brave.

I really only resort to dry cleaners if a scarf has a lot of icky to it. Normally I use cold water on them, and a special silk wash made for delicates. The only expception are the cashmere/silk blends because I'm not that brave.

Actually, the cashmere/silk ones are the easiest, I've found. And you can even iron them directly. Works like a charm. :smile:

Actually, the cashmere/silk ones are the easiest, I've found. And you can even iron them directly. Works like a charm. :smile:
Wow, really? No issue with any color transfer?
Come to think of it, I do handwash my cashmere sweaters, etc., but they are all solid colors. I just never thought of handwashing an H shawl because of the possibility of colors running.

HI ! i used to dry clean my silk scarves up till i had a little baby - got paranoid (abt the chemicals used in dry cleaning) and then started hand washing my scarves. I haven't had any problems with colour runs on the twillies thus far.

I've never tried handwashing vintage scarves but I've never had problem with my newer scarves. I've managed to get rid of greasy black icky stains using normal dishwashing liquid.